Should I send this letter threatening the a**holes?

by AK - Jeff 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Classic. Send it. You have my vote.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Well, there you have it, AK-Jeff. If the sneaky diapered bloke says its a go, it must be a sound idea! (just teasing, Stealth)

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

God it's good to be back!! hehe

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think you would do good to consider re-writing the letter in a very formal format. Perhaps someone who can write in legalese.

If you get rid of the anger, and just state objectively that you will sue each elder individually you will scare the c#@p out of them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Newyork - I think you are dead right on that. I had just gotten done doing precisely that when I returned to the thread and saw your comments.

I have hewn it down to a few sentences that should scare the crap out of 'em as you said. Still not sure if I will send it - but I think I might. The anger is gone in the letter now.

Jeff

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

I would send it with the appropriate modifications mentioned above. In my view, the ideal result in the majority of situations is to be left alone and not have to DA or be DF'd. Nothing will disturb the BOE or the JC more. I assume the bros/sis in the area have heard any gossip about you. Hearing all the stories and not see any action being taken will only cause confusion. You will still technically be a JW and there won't be a thing they can do about it. Go for it.

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

good letter Jeff. but......

I agree with others here. I think you need to wait a day or two, re-read the letter, and then take some of the emotion out of it. You really don't want to take them to court right? I think you just want to move on with your life and be left alone.

they will read that letter and laugh at you for sounding "so ridiculous" in their warped opinions. I totally understand the anger part, and if you can figure out how to sue successfully ( and affordably) for slander then let me know and I'll join that party. until then, they are small individuals with a false sense of authority.

maybe just let those that you really care about know how you feel and then let the old buzzards do whatever the hell they want. there going to anyway.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    and then take some of the emotion out of it.

Good advice. If you show emotion they will know they've gotten to you, and they will perceive it as a victory of sorts. They'll be happy, thinking they've ruined your day. JW elders are very petty in this respect.

If you send them a letter, try having a lawyer draft it, and send it to them.

W

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Any legitimate threat of a lawsuit will scare them away. You will never hear from them again.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jeff my dear friend,

You're angry with the bastards right now, but like others have pointed out, it might be best to wait a few days to let yourself cool down a bit.

Truth is, that any letter is of value only in that it lets you 'vent your spleen' - in the long run, the borg machinery just grinds on irrespective.

Walk away and be so very thankful that you're free. Think of the poor sods who're still captive to the borg.

Cheers my friend,

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit