IT'S OFFICIAL! MEETINGS WILL LAST FOREVER!! Shoot me now!

by Gill 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

LOL... current meetings are sacred?

Is there anybody here (current or former JW) who feels a sacred feeling when they go to meetings? Or who feels that what is going on there is somehow worship?

• morty
    morty

I wonder if the lions and tigers and bears will be allowed into the king-dumb halls once this new system thing happens?

• Gill
    Gill

Not that I ever would, but it would be fascinating to be at a KH when they finally discuss that particular piece of Good News at the Watchtower Study.

I'd love to see the reactions of those who had not pre studied and those who had simply not grasped the meaning until that moment!!

Meetings forever...and ever.....and ever.....

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Wow, I am baffled by all the BS they are throwing out there and how naive the JW's are. How do they know people will still meet? But then again, I guess they did know they end was coming in 1914 right? and I think in 1975? Oh wait and its coming soon again.... that's right, they do know everything. :S

• Gill
    Gill

Collegegirl21 - They 'know' everything, until they have 'new light' on the subject!

• lowden
    lowden

'As the end draw near, we should be more determined than ever to attend our Christian gatherings for worship... Out of respect for the sacred nature of our meetings,we do not allow secular work, school homework, or evening schooling to cause us to miss out on meeting regularly with our fellow believer. We need the strenth that comes through association.'

Slightly off subject Gill but i seethe with anger when i read the WTS discouraging 'normal' educational practice. Bastards! I hate the WTS soooo much for this. But then of course, they want drones with a Watchtower labotomy. Poor JW kids, i feel really sorry for them. Alot of kids in the UK get stacks and stacks of homework, especially in the final 2 years. It's a huge pressure for them. Damn i HAAAATE the WTS!!!

Peace

Lowden

• Gill
    Gill

Lowden - I remember in the past, mention of homework, work, college etc was not quite as direct and pointed as in that paragraph.

That paragraph actually says YOU WILL NOT DO HOMEWORK, GO TO WORK, GO TO COLLEGE on meeting nights, in so many words.

It is now Watchtower law. Watch the JW parents enforce it and watch the rebellion grow!

• lowden
    lowden

Gill

There's a kid in the cong' i was associated with (he'll be 24 now ) and he got 8 or 9 'O' levels at grade A when he took his finals. He could have gone really far and had a truly brilliant career. A very bright boy indeed.

He now works in a bloody PIE SHOP!!!!! AAAAARRRGH!!

Lowden.

• Gill
    Gill

Lowden - Tell me about it! I got 10 O levels, mainly grade A's. I then got three A levels at B grades!

I was not allowed college, or Uni! My teachers nearly had a fit when they met my father.

• Gill
    Gill

I ended up in a cleaning job and aux pioneering! Till I got married. Then I got pregnant....the rest is history!

I've told all my kids, if they want uni it's theirs! We'll pay!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit