IT'S OFFICIAL! MEETINGS WILL LAST FOREVER!! Shoot me now!

by Gill 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu
    IT'S OFFICIAL! MEETINGS WILL LAST FOREVER!!

Oh no!! But I am NOT surprised!!

Shoot me now!

LOLOL

I'll bet lots of JWs thought they were getting the better 'deal' than those who would end up in heaven. It took a while for the WTS to give the 'fine print' on this matter.

bebu

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You would think that once a person has reached perfection they would no longer need an intermediary organization to have a personal relationship with God

But these people think their job is secure and unending. I guess they don't like the idea that one day they will be obsolete

Persaonlly living in a world of just JWs is just too painful to contemplate.

When my brother's first wife died I went with my mother to help him through the funeral. A week with my mother was way more than i needed. 1000 years with her is beyond nightmare

• Zico
    Zico

If JW's put any thought into what the New System would actually involve, they'd all realise that it's going to be a bit crap. Like I used to, they only think about what the Society pictures show them, and never the fact that there'd be no sewage systems, or electricity, or about all the buildings they'll have to tear down, and the bodies they'll have to clean up, and that they'll have to grow their own food etc... etc... When you see the pictures of happy families with resurrected ones, the world has always turned into a paradise already. It ignores the fact that it would take at least a thousand years for a few million people to turn the world into a paradise. The resurrected ones would have to come back during the rebuilding to help speed it along. Think of the poor Witnesses who would get assigned to China/India.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

ok if that is there idea of paradise on earth, Please Jemima don't wake me up!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That should be easy to get used to..Meetings already seem like they last forever..

• bebu
    bebu

So at what point would this scripture be relevent?

JER 31:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel

after that time," declares the LORD.

"I will put my law in their minds

and write it on their hearts.

I will be their God,

and they will be my people.

JER 31:34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,

or a man his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,'

because they will all know me,

from the least of them to the greatest,"

declares the LORD.

"For I will forgive their wickedness

and will remember their sins no more."

Or this one?

1CO 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

1CO 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. [Not meetings!] But the greatest of these is love.

bebu

• Badger
    Badger

Wow...I guess the witnesses DO believe in Hell.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Yet another scripture pulled out of context. IF we are going to attend meeting forever, what are we going to do there? Verse 24 continues, "And they will actually go forth and look upon the carcasses of the men that were transgressing against me; for the very worms upon them will not die and their fire itself will not be extinguished, and they must become something repulsive to all flesh."

So, if we are going to take these scriptures literally, it appears Jehovah will perserve some of the bodies of those killed at Armageddon. And those bodies will continue to smoke and be eaten by live-forever worms. We get to go view the disgusting sight at every meeting. Yeah!!!

This will be my response to any of my brothers and sisters who choose to emphasize these sentences.

• Gill
    Gill

Now funny that you should say that Justitia! I believe that 'Gehenna' where all these bodies are meant to end up WILL be burning forever! As some kind of reminder I vaguely remember from some talk/book or other such WTBTS BS!!!

Lovely end to the meetings!

'And now brothers, let's go down to Gehenna to remind ourselves why we have to attend all the meetings, so that we don't end up in the fiery pit that burns forever! Hallelujah, brothers!!'

• daystar
    daystar

"eh cuckoo?"

This makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps during the "Thousand year reign" during which Satan is supposed to still be actively trying to win converts, but after? That belies the very nature of what they've always proclaimed "Paradise" to be!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit