What are the 5 biggest WTS scandals?

by AK - Jeff 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(1) Removing Jesus as mediator for all mankind by incorrectly saying that Moses was not the mediator for all mankind.

(2) Doctrinally prohibiting the worship of Jesus when the Bible shows that both people and angels do so.

(3) Holding secret tribunals to determine guilt, innocence, and/or the presence of repentance.

(4) Claiming that the Governing Body arose by the authority of the Faithful and Discreet Slave class.

(5) Adding requirements to those wishing to be baptized as Christians that the Bible does not require, including preaching which the Bible wouldn't even permit for an unbaptized person, and calling them teachings of the Bible.

None of these require anything beyond a Bible and their publications.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

ADSOUL...SAID PERFECTLY!!

The biggest scandal is that they replaced salvation through Jesus Christ (which Jehovah instituted) with their organization.

They have taken the place of Christ. Paul said if anyone preaches a different Jesus than I have preached to you...let him be accursed.

gold_morning

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't know if I could limit myself to only five; I would say all of the above, PLUS the Malawi/Mexico scandal.

Brothers and sisters in Malawi were beaten, robbed, raped and murdered because they took a stand for universal sovreignty by refusing to purchase a 25 cent political party card. Meanwhile, at the same time, brothers in Mexico who were called up to serve in the Mexican Army were permitted to pay bribes to military officials in order to avoid running afoul of the law. The more one thinks about this, the more disgusted one becomes.

Why not let the Malawi brothers pay the 25 cents and live thier lives?

Why not insist that the Mexican brothers defend Jah's universal sovreignty (and get beaten, robbed, raped and murdered)?

Why two standards, "Faithful Slave"?

• greendawn
    greendawn

"Removing Jesus as mediator for all mankind by incorrectly saying that Moses was not the mediator for all mankind"

It is true that Moses was not the mediator of the whole world but it's wrong to have him exactly paralelled in Christ, he was only a shadow of the real thing that was to come and clearly there is only one mediator and reconciliator between God and men.

The JWs also do not understand anything about the need to be charitable and they are performing abysmally in this way. "whoever has two garments let him give one away" good advise for the tight multibillion dollar corporation that wants to present itself as the only true Christian church!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    greendawn: It is true that Moses was not the mediator of the whole world but it's wrong to have him exactly paralelled in Christ, he was only a shadow of the real thing that was to come and clearly there is only one mediator and reconciliator between God and men.

I submit for your consideration that it is impossible to explain the distinction between proselytes and alien residents without acknowledging that Moses was the mediator for the whole world. In other words, did Ruth become a Jew? Rahab? Or did they remain "alien residents?" Were Jewish proselytes required to offer sacrifices in the temple, or could they only come so far as the courtyard? Did all of the alien residents have to get circumcised? Were the proselytes circumcised?

This is another one that completely stumped the JWs I have asked. If any person not born a Jew could become one by choice, and enjoy God's favor and blessing as a result, then Moses was mediator for all mankind.

Was the Ethiopian Eunuch born a Jew?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

AuldSoul has some pretty good ones.

• onesong
    onesong

Thank you ESTEE. You're points are great!!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Congratulations on your coming disassociation from false religion and mental abuse. I just posted my UN letter to my dad in the Friends category, I made up the setting, and presented it as a meaningful object lesson or illustration. I worked on Use of Illustrations and Outlines a lot, and you probably can't see me gesture right now, but dammit, I'm gesturing. Maybe it will hepp u.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit