Watchtower.org article on tattoos

by AlmostAtheist 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

From my extensive research on Paul's tattoo's (about 5 minutes of google'ing) it sounds like the concensus is that he was speaking metaphorically. But I don't suppose there's any way to know for sure. Paul didn't have the benefit of the Watchtower to guide him in his decisions!

Dave

• Scully
    Scully

And doesn't everyone just ignorantly stare at other peoples' tattoos like these judgemental idiots are doing??

• sinis
    sinis

That picture is fucking stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does that girl have her head down, WTF?!?!? Damn, if that ain't a picture of the Japanese Bethel, hahahahaha.

• Jerohobobonadad
    Jerohobobonadad

I wanted to say what rebel8 said. Damn!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    And doesn't everyone just ignorantly stare at other peoples' tattoos like these judgemental idiots are doing??

The one with glasses is hot.

Plus that chick is dumb for getting one on her hand. Though I do give her compliments for not getting the obligatory lower back tattoo or pelvic tattoo.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I just love the uber-dorky picture of the guy in the hat and the chick with '80s-era earrings. I can't imagine them getting anything else than sneers and snickers in a biker bar or whatever.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Mind you in the chapter, I believe the verse prior to the one they use to forbid tattoos is the one that says: "You must shave your beard" or something to that effect. So why can't we wear beards. Same chapter, same Law, same set of principles, double Watchtower standard.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Almost there....

For your amusement....my brother was a JW but was never babtized. A few years back he dated a tatoo artist.

He had a his entire back done with a woman standing in the ocean with some kind of lizard performing an act on her.

My parents never got what was happening in the scene.

It is really quite obnoxious, but I think it was just his way of getting free.

r.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

While Christians today are not under the Law of Moses, the prohibition it laid on tattooing is sobering. ( Ephesians 2:15 ; Colossians 2:14, 15 ) If you are a Christian, you would certainly not want to make markings on your body—even temporarily—that smack of paganism or false worship.— 2 Corinthians 6:15-18 .

ephesians 2:15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, that he might create the two peoples in union with himself into one new man and make peace;

Collisiand 2:14-15 14 and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us; and He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake. 15 Stripping the governments and the authorities bare, he exhibited them in open public as conquered, leading them in a triumphal procession by means of it.

2 Corinthians 6:15-18 . 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be´li·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’” 18 “‘And I shall be a father to YOU , and YOU will be sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah the Almighty.”

What do those scriptures mean concerning tattoos.?

purps

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Yes those dorks are at it again... I have two personally and my still dub wife wants to get one too now. I hate it when they stereotype people that have tattoos, beards, shaved heads, you name it...

I have an Angel chained to a stone that says YHWH in Hebrew (On my left leg) and on my right arm a mermaid (amine Type) withn a breast sticking out of her hair, you should have seen the dubs that I knew freek out when they saw it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit