Automn Pictures

by JH 59 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Isn't it a wonderful day for taking pictures Lady Lee. It's sunny here and warm. Must be the same where you live, since we aren't that far apart.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Probably 300 KM apart. The sun is shining and warm. A tad cool in the shade though. I found the ornamental gardens but it isn't as accessible as I would have liked. I did get a few nice pics of a fountain and an overview of the canal.

I also happened upon the fire department doing some rescue training work in the rapids. I managed to get that on video but I was rather far so I'm not sure how it will turn out.

I ran out of power on the camera and on my CD player and was running low on the chair battery. It was time to get myself home

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks all for sending these pics.

I was raised in the midwest and miss the Autumn most of all. We had such beautiful Oaks and Maples on our street. The cool crisp air always felt like new life after the summer along with the beautiful colors.

Now, here in florida for 18 years, I am fighting acorns and just brown leaves dropping into the pool for the next 4 months. No color change, just green to brown, and because we stay warm through the end of october... rot, and still growing grass.

Enjoy. I think of you now and am envious. I'll wait for February and then won't be.... as I will be planting my spring flowers.

r.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I love the sound of crunching leaves. As kids my brothers and I would pile them up and then dive into them. One of my feel good memories.

When I moved to Winnipeg I was so disappointed in the color change - like you said grenn to yellow to brown.

When I came to Ottawa I arrived at the end of the leaves and last year my wheels were broke. So this year I am having a ball. The reds and oranges even purples here is awesome

• JH
    JH

Here are a few pictures taken this morning. The colors will be even nicer next week

alt

alt

alt

alt

alt

• juni
    juni

Nice pictures of the autumn changes! Your foliage is much further along than here in southern Wisconsin. It's raining AGAIN here and chilly.

Lady Lee, in your flower garden the pink flowers are celosia (cockscomb variety) and looks to be matsumoto asters.

Thanks everyone for sharing! I love autumn, but winter is to follow. We've been having mild winters; don't know about this year though!

Juni

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well I just got back from a beautiful tour outside but I didn't have the camera with me. I was off shopping. I wish I had taken the camera. I saw some beautiful oranges and pinks. The battery is charging on the chair so I might get a chance to go out later. Tommorrow is supposed to rain again

But when I woke up this morning the fog was heavy over the river so I threw on some clothes, a fleece sweater, a jacket, my shoes and headed out to the river for some pictures. I was really hoping to capture the railroad bridge as it came out of the fog but by the time I got there the fog was gone from this side of the shore. I did capture some shots of the fog over the river I will try to post them later

juni

Lady Lee, in your flower garden the pink flowers are celosia (cockscomb variety) and looks to be matsumoto asters.

I did recognize the asters but the celosia - I was clueless and searching the net when you don't know the name is... well kinda useless. Thanks for the info

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

JH You might want to resize your images before posting them. I usually go to a 8x6. The images will load a lot faster for those with slower computers. Just remember to save them with a slightly different name (I have been saving my reductions as the same titile but add the letter "a" so I don't lose the original

• greendawn
    greendawn

Autumn brings in a lot of beautiful colours and the outlines of the bare branches of the trees are also very beautiful.

• JH
    JH
    JH You might want to resize your images before posting them. I usually go to a 8x6.

I could Lady Lee. I could keep the pictures 800 x 600 pixels but save the picture at a lesser quality so it will open faster for those with dial up, but the quality of the picture will go down drastically, or I could keep high quality and reduce them physically making the pictures smaller, but those who are in resolution 1280 x 1024 will just see a tiny picture, so I chose to do it this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit