Am I in trouble???

by ButtLight 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would say it is probably nothing.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Buttlight,

Technically, using logos and tradenames, or plays on trade names, such as "buttlight" for "budlight" is an infringement. Companies can and do sue over this very issue. As long as you are not profiting from such use, however, and your use is not degrading to their product, then they likely appreciate the free advertisement you are giving them. Nonetheless, you should e-mail them or write a letter, and ask permission to make non-commercial use of their images and product name. Assure them it is not for profit, but for your personal web page. Also, let them know that you enjoy their product and its images, and feel that they enhance your personal web site. In the meantime, I would remove their images and name until you hear from them. If you don't hear back from them within 30 to 45-days, I would call Budweiser in St. Louis, MO.

Jim Whitney

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Thanks for all the imput. It is just a personal page, and I didnt get the image off of the Budweiser site. I googled "budlight pics" and found alot of pictures. I'm not advertising their product for sale, I just like it lol!

IP Sec, your going to hell for your comment!

Looking at the tracker, Im get more nervous about the names coming up!

Keep it up? Take it down? hmmmm shall I flip a coin?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Keep it up? Take it down?

Butt, you could take it down for a week and see if you still get visits from the local Budweiser distributor. They might even contact you to see why you've taken it down, or tell you not to put it back up.

• JH
    JH

I think you are in trouble butt. They already have a police division ready to arrest you.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Why anyone would want to promote an American beer, especially a light beer, is beyond me.

W

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Oooooh let me know if they come after you. I have Christian Bale photos up and I'll be having my fingers crossed maybe he'll come after me? :p

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Why anyone would want to promote an American beer, especially a light beer, is beyond me.

W

Oh, you are going to hell with IP_SEC!!!!!!!! Lets see, my tracker is giving me some info. Who on here thats been looking at my site, works for a lawyers comany? And a legislative company? <----- (viewed 9 times already since I put up this thread, from canada?)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey how do you add a tracker....i have had a number of people download some songs and it would be nice to know who they are but myspace doesnt provide that info..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And a legislative company? <----- (viewed 9 times already since I put up this thread, from canada?)

That was me deliberately trying to annoy you.

Did it work?

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit