Do you think Hillary Clinton is going to be the next President of the USA?

by free2beme 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Navigator
    Navigator

God help us if Hillary should become President. I'm with AK-Jeff regarding Condi Rice. I know people who have had close contact with Condi Rice and find her to be amazing. I think she would make a great President, but is probably too smart to run.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

If recent history is a gauge, the first woman president of the US will be the candidate of the more conservative party. Note the UK and Germany. Therefore, Condi Rice may be in a better position to win the presidency than one may think.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

From my knowledge of American politics and history (which is almost nothing) I think any woman has as much chance as becoming America's president as a black man does...!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Is Diebold still in business?

Oh they are? Good. Then I think we have nothing to worry about.

• Panda
    Panda

Bill Clinton had a very successful Presidency. If he campaigns hard enough for Hillary she might win. It would be great to have a well educated woman President.

Dr.Rice is much much too smart to run for President. She has seen the job and probably wouldn't like the headaches and the popularity contests on a daily basis. If she ran I'd vote for her. If Hillary runs I'll vote for her.

Why is it that the nation of Chile (supposedly behind us) has elected a woman president. She speaks 6 languages; is well educated and travelled AND hold your breath she's a single Mom! What is wrong with the American mindset that half the population is ignored for the most important office on the planet? Shouldn't we want the best?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Given the fact the 2004 election was (arguably) one of the most incompetently/corruptly run (choose one or both) of any Western Democracy since WWII, does it really matter WHO stands?

If disenfranchisement programs and unsecure electronic voting without an audit trail are the chief characteristics of an election, who wins will be down to those who run the most effective disenfranchisement programs in key areas, or those who are able to commit large-scale electoral fraud without being caught, NOT the 'quality' of an individual candidate.

Frankly much of the comments about Hilary (not just here) are simple minded misogyny. And it still seems people think lying about a blow-job is a greater sin than lying about WoMD, LOL. Condi is a great option; the fact that the first potential Presidental candidate who is a black woman was also THE member of the Bush Admin who has indisputably lied on numerous occasions http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0408-04.htm http://www.slate.com/id/2087768/ must fill voters with trust.

And given the fact the USA fought to get rid of Royalty and have no Nobles, it is a trifle amusing that the only people who have a chance of becoming President are from a very small oligarchic or dynastic pool. Although with GW it's more of a gene puddle than a pool I suppose...

Take it from me; I'm English and we have a piss-poor electoral system, but compared to the USA it makes the USA look like You'refuckedistan.

Government for the government by the government isn't it? I real feel sorry for you guys, quite sincerely, even the registered Republicans (hell, especially the registered Republicans).

When are you guys gonna ask for your country back?

Barbara Boxer for President I say... she's the only candidate I can think of that would bring about meaningful change, including reform of the pathetic electoral system that makes the biggest campaigner for democracy one of the worst examples of how to RUN a democratic system...

Of course, she doesn't stand a chance, she's female, she's Jewish, and she would scare the big corporations far more than Hillary as she actually seems to have principles that would remain intact in the face of vigourous (and financially incentivised) lobbying.

A third (or turd) Republican term would be very sad, and show that the Barnum Paradigm (you can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can' t fool all of the people all of the time) needs modifying to 'you can fool enough of the people enough of the time'.

• zagor
    zagor

Nah, don't think so, but hey Oprah could, lol

Seriously, I think you should vote for Bill again, he was the best you've ever had. During his presidency, America and the world had industrial transformation unlike any other in last 100 years

• under_believer
    under_believer

We probably would, Zagor, but it's illegal. Presidents in the US can only serve two four-year terms, and then they're done. It would take a constitutional amendment to change that. And if you think we'd get a constitutional amendment rescinding presidential term limits through this or any other congress (but especially this congress), I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

• heathen
    heathen

I think it simple to run for office these days , just promise cheap drugs . Americans would completely go psychotic without it . Who cares about the budget and just why are the republicans still called conservative when they have no fiscal responsibility ? You need a foreign policy of charles manson . Illegals can just relax we don't need to secure our borders because our troops are in the mid east scaring the be jeebers out of everybody .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit