Do the dubs know WHY there delivering Kingdom News 37?

by truthseeker 13 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I just got my copy of the Sep KM. There's an article, about 6 paragraphs inside about the "False Religions End Is Near" campaign.

I was surprised that the first paragraoh didn't even tell the dubs why they were doing this campaign. They left the explanation to a couple of vague sentences in the last paragraph about how false religion's end is near.

It seems that the dubs don't know why they're doing this, only that they have to do it and place their 50 copies.

Odd.

• zeroday
    zeroday

They don't need to know why, they are told to do it and they do. This is all the Watchtower has, this all those who follow live for. The end is near it has been for 127 years now. They are a "One Trick Pony" to stop now is to admit they have never know what they have been talking about. Could you dedicate your live, your families lives and on down to suddenly stop, to admit it has been all a lie from the beginning. This is a one way street, there is no turning back for them. They will all die never seeing their big A.

• jah1914
    jah1914

Don't post here often. Something else is strange about(at least from what I can remember) the witnesses are being asked to record the number of tracts they personally place. That seems new to me for a campaign. I wonder if a 'seperating' work is going on? Maybe publishers who do not distribute the tract will be on an apostate 'watch' list.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    the witnesses are being asked to record the number of tracts they personally place.

That's a new one on me as well. Previous kn's, and I've participated in a few distributions, were just placed with anyone who would take them, and if they showed interest we would follow it up, but to have to hand in a record of placements is new. Maybe they are trying to make sure everybody goes out with them, which would boost their figures anyway. I know a few publishers who threw previuos kn's in the bin, and if the wts are aware of this, they are taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen this time.

• Gill
    Gill

IF I were a JW this is one tract I would not want to be 'offending Muslims' with at the moment!

• sir82
    sir82
    I know a few publishers who threw previuos kn's in the bin, and if the wts are aware of this, they are taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen this time.

The WTS is also aware that a significant number of people just make up numbers to put on their report, to keep the elders at bay. What would prevent such ones from making up a number of "tracts placed", in addition to whatever other numbers are made up?

The only reason I can think of for recording the number of placements is, so the WTS can later in some WT article or DC talk, say something about how "250 million tracts with this hard hitting timely message were delivered" or some folderol like that.

In the Revelation Climax Book, aren't there citations of how many millions of this or that or whatever tract or brochure was distributed in the 20's or 30's? Perhaps they are trying to recapture a little of the "good old days".

Then again, if they do publish such a number, any JW with more than 2 functioning brain cells would have to think "Huh! so, this vital, urgent, life-saving message reached only about 4% of the earth's population."

• blondie
    blondie

It is a change in recording if they do. There is no place on the time slip to record tracts, only magazines, books, brochures/booklets. I wonder if they are recording this on a separate piece of paper or altering the slip?

My husband said he can't ever being required to turn in reports on how many tracts were "placed." People will just "lie" about that too. I can remember during one tract campaign when they kept track of how many the rank and file had taken to be "placed" and competed with other local congregations; "we placed 3,000 how many did you?" when one congregation had urban territory close together and the other hand rural territory with miles between houses. It was pretty disgusting.

Blondie

• FairMind
    FairMind

I read this post earlier and for some reason kept thinking about the question of why JWs are being asked to distribute this track without a clear reference as to why. I believe I know why. In the 1970s when everyone (JWs) thought the end was coming in 1975 a similar track was distributed. Of course the end did not come and there has been quite a bit of embarrassment over this. Now, when we look at what is playing out on the world stage it appears that the Great Tribulation and Armageddon may be very close, so the track. The WTS no longer sets dates but that doesn’t mean that JWs (and many others) have given up on the idea that the end is near (I know I haven’t). The deal is that we shouldn’t try and predict when but we need to prepare others and ourselves on the strong possibility that it is very near. Just my thoughts on the question.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do the Jehovah`s Witness`s know why they do anything?..They will do as thier told by the WBT$..In 20 or 30 years,they will be told this never happened..And they`ll preach that..Crazy Eyes..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• sosad
    sosad

i remember always having to track tracts (haha) meaning the number placed during a campaign - the big question was, did you count how many you started with and then wait until the end of the day in service to see how many were left, or did you count each one as they were place...then (it was after '75 for sure) we were told that we didn't have to bother reporting how many were placed becasue "they were just panphlets - not mags)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit