Why are the world's anointed not called to Brooklyn to be Governing Body?

by free2beme 46 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Blondie maybe you can help me with this. I maybe remembering it wrong but I have been trying to find it, and can't recall where I read it, but I thought for sure I read a passage where Christ was speaking of...or said something to lead the reader to believe that there were in fact others that would be resurrected (a heavenly one) that lived before his life on earth.

• blondie
    blondie

Here is a discussion about it; not necessarily what I endorse.

http://www.carm.org/diff/John3_13.htm

• Mr. E
    Mr. E

What scriptures link the 144,000 out of the Tribe of Israel to those that go to heaven and also to them being anointed? Are all of the governing body members anointed?

Mr. E

• Mr. E
    Mr. E

One more questions to add:

Does the faithful and discreet slave die and ascend to heaven?

If brother Russell was the slave, why is it he died?

E.

• Mr. E
    Mr. E

In answer to the previous questions and in addition; Charles Taze Russel was not the faithful and discreet slave. None of the governing body of the W.T.S. are anointed, and are not a part of the slave class, as there is only ONE faithful and discreet slave.

Estephan Leuese out of the twelve tribes of Israel, the tribe of Levi, is the only faithful and discreet slave.

The faithful slave will not ascend to heaven.......

Only Jesus and the Twelve Apostles were allowed to join those in the Heavens with the ALMIGHTY FATHER.

Finally, the faithful and discrete slave will NEVER die, but will remain upon the earth in subjection to all those in authority in the heavens.

The Father above ALL; and the rest in subjection to THE ALMIGHTY GOD, AMEN.......UNTIL TIME INDEFINITE

The Faithful Slave of JAH and CHRIST

• under_believer
    under_believer

Mr. E, please go "save" someone else with your mumbling. Please do not f*** up this thread with your inane bulls*** like you did mine.

Mods? Hello? Isn't this whacko violating terms 7 and 10?

• Mr. E
    Mr. E
    Mr. E, please go "save" someone else with your mumbling. Please do not f*** up this thread with your inane bulls*** like you did mine.

Mods? Hello? Isn't this whacko violating terms 7 and 10?

I just posted is all. Just like you just did.......They were in line with the topic

• compound complex
    compound complex

While I have made radical changes in my thinking and subsequent direction since learning of this incredible forum, I feel I might add something on this question. The pioneer brother who forty years ago took me to my first door ( WT in hand ) in San Francisco while I was attending college, has been responsible for opening my eyes to what you, dear friends, have known for years. But now I must re-evaluate and perhaps even reinterpret my religious experiences regarding the anointed. An anointed sister studied with my mother when I was little. Then when I was a teenager I was surrounded by and liberally assisted and loved by the anointed. When I went to Bethel I was so caught up in the rarefied spiritual atmosphere that I felt I was anointed. I even talked to Fred Franz about my new "condition," seeking validation. Of course, if you have to ask.... Years later I gave the Memorial talk at my hall and a relative partook for the first time, much to our amazement.

I posted on docbob.org the piece "Did Individual Anointed Members Contribute?" ( aka Sparky LeFer ) some time back because I could not understand how to logon here. Briefly, in response to Blondie's points regarding Maria Russell and those anointed who did write to the Society, my anointed friend said they were "invited" to write. She lived near Bethel and when she received no reply, it was her personal friend Anton Koerber ( JFR's sec'y., I believe ) who told her to be patient as she would get an answer. Well, she did receive a reply in The Watchtower. Of course, today my interpretation of this incident is different from that of thirty-five years ago when she told this wide-eyed spiritual sponge. My point, however, is that it might be of some minor signifigance that Anton Koerber did not tell her that her efforts were futile. The issue was who is Spiritual Israel. My spiritual life has truly done a 180, yet I will always be grateful to those dear elderly ones whom I did truly believe were Christ's brothers.

Sincerely,

Compound Complex

• Mr. E
    Mr. E
    Then when I was a teenager I was surrounded by and liberally assisted and loved by the anointed. When I went to Bethel I was so caught up in the rarefied spiritual atmosphere that I felt I was anointed. I even talked to Fred Franz about my new "condition," seeking validation. Of course, if you have to ask.... Years later I gave the Memorial talk at my hall and a relative partook for the first time, much to our amazement.

What caused you to feel that you were anointed?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Sorry, Mr. E, for the delay:

I guess it was the atmosphere at Bethel in combination with all my aforementioned dealings with the anointed who helped me. Emotion, not logic.

Reprise of Blondie's summation:

I haven't read all these posts but am just going to say what I have seen regarding the anointed and the GB.

1. Regardless what the WTS says, there was no functioning GB in the WTS until around 1972. Before that, the board of directors (president, veep, secretary/treasurer) functioned as the ones guiding, actually only the president made any real decisions.

2. The WTS has never consulted anointed women for any direction on doctrine except perhaps in the case of Maria Russell (CTR's wife).

3. Since 1972, the only anointed consulted have been in-house members or well-known members that serve as branch overseers, etc., who have close communication with the Brooklyn branch.

4. Many current members were COs/DOs that claimed to be anointed and served on the road for 20 or more years and were called into Bethel and trained under the "Nethinim" arrangement for several years.

5. I have never known the WTS to consult JW men who claim to be anointed who are local but not known to the men in charge in New York. I have known of male JWs who purport to be of the anointed who write to NY with their ideas, but all of them have been ignored. (There could be cases that differ from this, but I figure they are rare.)

6. I have asked GB members directly how God communicates with them and they say they a) read the Bible, b) discuss it with the other GB c) pray d) make a decision based on the majority opinion and the rest support it even if they personally have a different feeling giving it the illusion of being unanimous (pretty much what the elders do).

Any individual JWs who claim to be anointed and to get any direct guidance from God are going against the WTS policy that all info comes through the GB, not individual FDS.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit