Can't live with...Can't live without....

by JWFreak 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Ok I am just a newbie. But when your eyes are opened to lies that you believed you whole life...40 years and more.... It makes you Angry, Sick to the stomach and empty.

Everyone I know....I mean everyone is a witness....What a mess I am in..

How ever thanks to all the posters who have welcomed me and offered some advice.

A BIG thank you to THIRDWITNESS. Your ramblings trying to defend the indefensible...was what really opened my eyes. The Society is just so so wrong So again a BIG BIG Thank you

JWF

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Everyone I know....I mean everyone is a witness....What a mess I am in..

Many of us on this site are in the exact same boat JWFreak. So, don't despair. You are not alone. The road is very difficult; but never impossible. Just remember that.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

JWFreak...just don't freak out on us. Take it a day at a time. It's been 1 year for me and things are working out. The family is starting to believe that the WTBTS is a farce and a racket. Just a while longer and the WTBTS grip will be no longer

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The family is starting to believe that the WTBTS is a farce and a racket.

Really What_a_coincidence ??

It seemed like just a couple of months ago, your mom threatened to have you disfellowshipped for drinking too much coffee liqueur. LOL Has she lightened up?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome JWFreak .. Well - my blood ran cold when I found out the Truth about The 'Truth'.

It may seem that EVRYONE you know is a Witness, but have you considered what percentage of them are also having doubts (but go with the easy option of remaining in The Watchtower)? You're not alone.

You mentioned you were sent a link to this website? Just reading over your posts, can you clarify if you're currently an Elder?

Cheers, Midwich.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi JWFreak, and welcome.

It's a real eye - opener isn't it, finding out the truth about the wts?

I have never been so angry in my entire life as I was when I came to the realisation that it was all a sham.

I know how you feel, having no friends other than jws, but please remember you are not alone, we are here for you whenever you need us.

Linda

• garybuss
    garybuss

JWF, You wrote: "Everyone I know....I mean everyone is a witness...."The momentum of that kept this child of Witness parents floating down the stream with the people who I had been raised with until the Witnesses started lying to me and belly pushing me and my little 3 year old son when I was 30 years old. They made it easy for me to not want to be a Witness.

Heck, they made it easy for me to not like them. Looking back, they must have been afraid of me . . . they were so confrontational.

I really only wanted two things from them. #1) I wanted them to be loyal to their own set standards. And #2) I wanted what they presented as "truth" to be true.

They failed miserably on both scores. My initial problem was accepting that they had failed, so I continued to test them and they continued to fail. In very short order they got sick of me testing them. Now I know why they don't want to be tested. They predictably know they'll fail.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Thanks guys

It is encouraging that so many have disentangled themselves successfully.

I have an elders meeting later today, and I just feel so angry and depressed. Best not to go, and do some thinking....You see I don't want to lose my family etc

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Can't live with...Can't live without....

It is really surprising what we can learn to do without. A few examples?

• conditional love
    • spiritual abuse
    • meetings designed to maintain control over us
    • our time being taken up in meaningless "preaching" and meetings
    • fear of being caught doing something forbidden
    • sacrificing our lives for a promised paradise that never comes

It isn't easy in the beginning. But we can and do survive it quite well. Better than we would have thought when our eyes were first opened. You have a built in safety net here and the possibility of findings and making friends that don't care what you believe to be friends with.

Take care of yourself. You really do deserve it

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

JWF,

I too am in the same boat you are. I'm really at a loss as to what to do right now. Its really hard to be at the hall and fake it. I'm a newbie as well and I have to say I was blown away by the offers of support. I'll PM you later. Don't do anything drastic in your meeting. Figure things about before making a move so that you'll know how to deal with the aftermath.

Yeah, Thirdwitness really helped me see that the WT arguments are empty, deceptive and false. When I watched someone make the same arguments that I used to make from an impartial point of view, I also realized the those points can't stand up to the cold hard light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit