Christian Love

by youcanhaveago 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• youcanhaveago
    youcanhaveago

Ok this is the first thread I have ever started.

I have decided to live my life on one premise . Basically that Jesus Christ said that he had one commandment - Love one another .

By living according to this we can find Gods grace.

The 10 commandments are superceded by this one thing - LOVE.

We do not need lots and lots of Laws and regulations because obviously we cannot keep them.(Please note WTBTS.

Love is all.

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I agree!

• agapa37
    agapa37

Stick around here long enough and you'll find that it is no different here, even worse!

• codeblue
    codeblue

I agree as well...Show love to all...no need for endless rules.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Welcome to the forum!

You are ABSOLUTELY right!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi youcanhaveago, and welcome.

You are right, we don't need endless rules, just love is enough.

And, contrary to what one poster said, the rules on this forum are much more relaxed and less rigid than any you will find in the wts

• greendawn
    greendawn

True if everyone in society followed this and "don't do to others the things you don't want done to yourself" then it would be a very relaxed and happy world.

• jgnat
    jgnat

When you think about it, the law of love is even more stringent. Because we must judge every action if it is adding to people's lives or taking away. Practicing love takes great discipline, but is made much easier when you are secure in God's love for you.

Stick around here long enough and you'll find that it is no different here, even worse!

I hope JWD gets better and better every day at practicing grace and love. Take, for example, this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/120843/2135902/post.ashx#2135902

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wholeheartly agree! I love love!

Then why are you still here? No one is preventing you from finding the love you seek elsewhere.

Josie

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Then why are you still here? No one is preventing you from finding the love you seek elsewhere.

Mrs. Jones5, that was not a very loving thing to say.

Love should certainly be the point of pivot for all of a Christians actions. Love for God should motivate us to follow the commands and guidelines set out in the Bible. If we truly have this kind of love rules set forth by men and organizations are unnecessary. This isn't to say we should not be open to counsel or suggestions but no religious leader has the authority to go beyond what is written in the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit