Is Street Corner Work Dead ???

by Poztate 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Years ago my wife and I used to spend an hour every Saturday morning between 8-9 at the street corner work? At 9AM we would proceed to the group for the pep talk and then put in at LEAST another two hours in service? We were not the only ones in the street corner work. If you traveled 10 or more blocks up and down the area we were in a fellow group of "dubs" were on the streets at almost every corner.

I don't see that anymore. I hear about dubs in the mall and on the university campus but is street corner work dead?? I hope so but how is it doing where you live??

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

not in some neighborhoods you can still get a BJ for about $20 but the cops are cracking down on that kind of stuff

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There's a jw who stands on a street corner with watchtowers most Saturday mornings about 300 yards from where we live. We see him most Saturdays when we walk the dog. He shuns us, of course.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    There's a jw who stands on a street corner with watchtowers most Saturday mornings about 300 yards from where we live.

I bet he's an old guy like me....

• morty
    morty

I live close to a city and now that you have mentioned it, I have not seen anyone in ages standing on a corner....l bet it has been close to 10 years since I saw anyone standing on a corner with mags...

• badboy
    badboy

IF THEY ARE AN ENDANGERED SPECIES, SHOULD A GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT LOOK INTO PRESERVATION MEASURES FOR THIS ENDANGERED SPECIES?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Around here there aren't a lot of street corners to be worked. Instead what happens is that they sit in their cars in the parking lots of either grocery stores or strip malls and when they see someone coming Out of the store one will get out and try to place some mags with them.

They are careful not to get people going in, because if the person goes in and tells someone working their more then likely they'll be asked to leave.Which I've seen happen.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Street corner work is alive and well on Santa Monica Blvd. in Hollywood between 2am and 6am.

Opps, wrong street corner work. Never mind.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    IF THEY ARE AN ENDANGERED SPECIES, SHOULD A GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT LOOK INTO PRESERVATION MEASURES FOR THIS ENDANGERED SPECIES?

NOOOOOO..... Let it die out....PLEASE

Instead what happens is that they sit in their cars in the parking lots of either grocery stores or strip malls and when they see someone coming Out of the store one will get out and try to place some mags with them.

Hi Black Swan Sounds like easy time to me...

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

It's alive and well in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit