Im in the national newspapers today!

by katiekitten 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Congrats.

I don't know, but if I were one of the non-white males selected I would feel wierd because I wasn't selected on merits. It's kind of like an actress sleeping with someone for a job. At the end of the day she thinks to herself, "What is my real talent?"

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

There has been lots of support from ethnic minorities who have all said discrimination should never happen. I have been touched actually by how big people have been who have undoubtedly suffered discrimination all their lives and resisted the opportunity to say 'about time white people know what it feels like'.

In any case a lot of our anger was directed at how the police treated us afterwards, aside from the initial discimination. They absolutely refused to talk to us on the phone or answer any of our letters until we got a solicitor involved. They dragged their feet every step of the way. But within a week of the solicitors letter they had written to all the 'de-selected' males and offered them a place at the assesement centre, and then argued that we had lost nothing so we had no grounds to sue them.

I said that would be like a burglar robbing you then a week before the courtg date putting all the stolen stuff back and saying to the court ''whats his problem, all the stuffs been put back".

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    At the end of the day she thinks to herself, "What is my real talent?"

I think that the actress thinks that she must be very good in bed because some actresses "get screwed" and still don't get the job!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Now for the important question. For the press interviews, were you dancing around in your knickers and singing "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" like you did before??? I need to know.

(seriously, I am impressed your partner pursued the lawsuit and was able to win. Awesome)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

LMAO at Rebel!

We had to carry on once we had engaged a solicitor because once we had started incurring costs we had to win to pay him! We will get about 1/3rd of what we won after solicitors fees. But you cant buy media coverage like we have had today.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Wow Katie, I saw the paper in the supermarket this morning.

Congratulations

• earthtone
    earthtone

There has been lots of support from ethnic minorities who have all said discrimination should never happen. I have been touched actually by how big people have been who have undoubtedly suffered discrimination all their lives and resisted the opportunity to say 'about time white people know what it feels like'.

lol, yeah I would think that would be tempting but the circle of discrimination has got to stop somewhere. It just a shame that discrimination is such a problem, that they have to resort discrimination against white's to give other ethnic races a chance!!! Crazy.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

Congrats, KK and Mark! Very interesting story. I love how the police make themselves sound like they were oh so accommodating once they were aware of the illegality of deselecting based on race.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Congratulations!

I hope he will be able to pursue his dream again.

-eduardo

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Congrats Katie!

Your partner is a handsome chap, looks like he'd make a good cop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit