Im in the national newspapers today!

by katiekitten 31 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Every time I write a long post something goes wrong with posting it. I might have to do it in bits, im not sure what the problem is.

Partner got told he had passed first test when applying for police, then got a letter saying he had been "randomly deselected".

Then it got leaked to the press that they had only deselected white males. (108 of them). We sued.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/

Then click on the news topic: He took on...

How much is 2500 (I don't have the symbol.) in US dollars?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

A bit less than $5000.

We could have got a lot more if we had settled out of court, but then we wouldnt have been able to talk to the press. So we refused to settle out of court.

They were really chuffed that they had got away with having to pay so little. They obviously didnt realise how big it would be in the news today.

Oh, and thanks for getting that link sorted for me!

• badboy
    badboy

I DID READ SOMETHING ABOUT A `NO WHITE' PC POLICY!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Five thousand bucks is good enough to stuff away for a rainy day or to stock up with Christmas presents! I'd take it.

I think the police force wanted your husband to make a raucous about what happened because they wouldn't have mentioned that he had been "randomly deselected". This is bigger than you and your hubby. They just used him as the pawn.

Just watch. You'll see who's political agenda your on.

• greendawn
    greendawn

At least democracy works since one can challenge the police and the courts may decide against them. They should have gone on merits not on race.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    At least democracy works since one can challenge the police and the courts may decide against them. They should have gone on merits not on race.

Blacks have been saying that for years. It just hurts when it happens to you.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes. It was kind of ironic that we wrote to our local MP who is an Asian. He must have felt like saying to us "KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WHITEY". But he was nice and didnt.

Dont worry, it wasnt lost on me.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You might not have got loads of money out of it Katie, but I think you've probably ensured that the police don't do something like that again. They might be happy about the amount they had to pay, but the adverse publicity will have hurt.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

KatieKitten, congrats on the victory for the principle and the pounds, but did they offer him a spot on the force, too? Does he still hope to work as a policeman?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit