3.3 million old girl ?

by oldflame 28 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ALREADY SOME ARE SAYING HER PRESERVATION WAS A RESULT OF THE GREAT FLOOD!

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    And I will say this : If anyone thinks for one second that they came from a monkeyan ape-like species existing around 7 million years ago they need to see a shrink.

Why?

• skyking
    skyking

Maybe an Alien raped an Ape a half a million years ago and that's were we came from?

Don;t you all remember the cartoon RAPED APE?

• skyking
    skyking

I guess that was GRAPE APE not RAPED APE

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

The 'girl', pictured here, has been named 'Selam'.

Selam is around the B or C position (both australopithecus afarensis) on this chart of transitional fossils in homind evolution:

Source of chart/info
  • oldflame
    oldflame
    And I will say this : If anyone thinks for one second that they came from a monkeyan ape-like species existing around 7 million years ago they need to see a shrink.

Why?

Don't you think that if we came from an ape that we would still be coming from apes ? I mean C'mon I can't see how anyone could swallow that crap.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Don't you think that if we came from an ape that we would still be coming from apes ?

According to evolutionary biology; homo sapiens are still evolving. This is a process that spans millions of years; not hundreds. If modern chimpanzees or gorillas were evolving into another branch of species; you and I would never know it because it is a process that will continue for millions of years after you and I are dead. It's like watching the formation of mountains. You and I could stare at it our entire life and not see any changes because it is a process that spans hundreds of thousands of years. Evolution takes millions of years; hence, you and I will never actually be able to observe these changes. Evolution can only be observed through the fossil records. A common misconception is that transitional fossils have never been discovered. This myth has pretty much been shot to hell with the discoveries in just the last 20 years.

I used to think that the evolutionary teachings were "crap" just as you do. It wasn't until I actually did in-depth research for myself, that I saw how ill-informed I really was. I had believed in many of the popular myths that have been marketed by the fundamentalist sound machine.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Don't you think that if we came from an ape that we would still be coming from apes ?

No more than Spanish should still be deriving itself from ancient Latin today, if it's the case that Spanish "came from Latin".

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    I mean C'mon I can't see how anyone could swallow that crap.

I can only think that you don't fully understand what evolutionary theory says, because if you did, you'd see how beautifully simple and obvious it is.

Books I own that I'd recommend:

(human evolution)The Complete Idiot's Guide to Human Prehistory

(evolution in general)Evolution and the Myth of Creationism

Both are intended for the layman and provide good jumping off points for further research.

• skeptic2
    skeptic2
    I mean C'mon I can't see how anyone could swallow that crap.

The scientific community would be very interested to know your alternative hypothesis and the evidence you have for it, if you don't mind sharing it with us.

Evolutionary theory is a well-tested explanation of all known evidence (that being the definition of a theory). Therefore if you have new evidence that evolutionary theory cannot explain, or that your hypothesis explains better, and this can be indepently verified, you will be personally responsible for advancing the state of scientific knowledge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit