3 Million year old pre-human found

by monkeyshine 25 Replies latest social current

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Three million years? Hard to believe any remains of any living creature could have survived that long and not turned back into the earth.. Three million years is a long long time.

Then how is it that any fossils of dinosaurs were able to be preserved?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Arthur, good points about scientists. They do sort of have a system of checks and balances. Scientists are all too happy to prove another scientist wrong. If there is reason to believe this skeleton is not what it appears to be, somebody will report it.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    It's strange how all those ape-like "deformities" and "birth defects" happened back then.

It blows the idea of original sin away. Animals did not sin yet had deformities prior to Adam and Eve.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    It's strange how all those ape-like "deformities" and "birth defects" happened back then.

What always makes me wonder is how do partially evolved sex organs manage to replicate with other partially evolved conterparts? Or a partially evolved eyeball....ah nevermind.

• looseend
    looseend

have been in arguments with a friend of my dad who is an elder and also a biochemist. Because of his supposed vast knowledge of chemistry I am supposed to be so inclined to take everything he says as fact… not happening.

I have heard the creationist (JW) theory on timelines, carbon dating, even the absurd theory of a water canopy before the flood in Noah’s day. One comment that always strikes me as odd is when you are talking about this subject with someone that believes in creation, I always heard this: “all these evolutionary scientists are trying to disprove the bible.” WRONG they are simply collecting data. Never have I heard or read about a scientist saying now I can finally prove the bible wrong. If you were to do some research you would find that a good number of those scientists are god fearing people.

If scientists found a fossil, radiocarbon dating is not changed by a “water canopy” and even if that absurd idea was a historical fact it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the research data. As soon as a living organism dies, it stops taking in new carbon. The ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-14 at death is the same as every other living thing, but the carbon-14 decays and is not replaced. The carbon-14 decays with its half-life (look it up) of while the amount of carbon-12 remains constant in the sample. If you look at the ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-14 in the sample and comparing it to the ratio in a living organism, it is possible, if not probable to determine the age of a formerly living thing with little error. Finally if the Adam and eve story was indeed fact, it wouldn’t now have been that long ago, considering the actually time line of the earth. Besides even if the dating was off by thousands of years it still disproves the biblical timeline.

I suggest anyone who is a creationist to do some research that isn’t completely bias. Also keep in mind that most of these scientists are not out there to prove the bible wrong, but just like everyone else, we are trying to learn.
    You couldn’t sit on a jury and make a verdict if you haven’t heard from the defense and the prosecution, so why do it in this case.

• tonydh21
    tonydh21

Carbon dating is as right for this as it has been for every thing else. No, their wasn’t a birth certificate by the skeleton neither is a birth certificate tagged to the world but you seem to believe it is only 6,000 years old. There is more proof to confirm the birth certificate of this pre human than there will ever be to confirm that birth certificate. OPEN YOUR EYES AND YOUR MIND! You are not thinking. Your hardwired mind is bypassing the truth. Cut the wires and really think! This dose not mean there is not a God it just means God is more complex than we will ever comprehend, so stop trying and accept the world around you. A Friend PS: Do you think God is so simple, so ignorant that we can understand even a fraction of God? If you do I feel sorry for you and if the majority dose I feel sorry for our world. Foolishness is a sin, the worst sin it leads to unspeakable horrors that are justified in the mind of a fool! Thank about our history and wars that have been fought in the name of god. Ignorance and the problems that lead form it, segregation for example, are at its roots. An open mind will rip the weeds roots from the ground. A closed mind will cop the top of the weed and send the seeds of evil into the wind. Can you not see? So please think, I beg you think!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit