Do elders feel any different after they are appointed?

by dido 25 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Elsewhere, I thought that feeling came after the jc meetings?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Come to think of it Amazing, maybe there is some spirit direction. After that meeting where I described this elder, about two or three months later, he had a heart attack and died. I recall having some fleeting thoughts along that line.

Well I guess I'm kinda evil ok?

Outoftheorg

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Elsewhere, I thought that feeling came after the jc meetings?

Elders get that feeling all the time.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was appointed sometime before the 1995 doctrine changes. It was a work assignment, nothing more, but I felt that I should do it for

Jehovah. I moved and was not an appointed elder when the 1995 change came. I was disturbed and when I was asked later to be an

elder again, I thought I would get that extra portion of spirit to clear up my misunderstanding. Of course, I didn't. I always wanted to

step down since then, but figured I could do the work. NO SPECIAL FEELINGS UNTIL I STEPPED DOWN RECENTLY. YeeHaa!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Yes they feel powerful!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I was one of those who was doing everything that elders did, long before I was appointed. It just stamped my activities as official. Of course they heaped more on me at that point. As has been said, it was then that I saw the rotten core of the congregation for what it was. I wanted out... If I hadn't had so many assignments in the Circuit that made me feel like Jehovah was compensating for the local Jackasses I might have resigned sooner. Eventually i had enough.

No special feeling except the feeling of accomplishment stated above.

W.Once

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I dont think so. I know one who after he got appointed, still kept banging his side pieces. He's been one for 5-6 yrs now.

Yeah Jah! really on top of whats going on in his organization.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I didn't feel anything special. I was the only one in the group that could do the job. There were no brothers there except me when the congregation was established with any experience as a JW. That's why I quit about 10 years later, although by then there were about two or three other elders or "servants" as they were called. I can't remember but two JC meetings in all those years.

Ken P.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Even if they do the question is where does the spirit come from, could it be from angels of satan transforming themselves into angels of light? Their fruitage is not really right.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

As with others, I had a sense of accomplishment. Being raised in the org, it was a goal that was always put in front of boys. And, I was in my twenties so it did go to my head a little at first. That quickly faded when I realized it was a ton more work, that everyone took your time for granted and the twice annual beatdowns by the CO were not very encouraging. Oh, did I mention the KM school? What a privilege to be told your have very little worth and your a bad example for 2 full days. Funny, the last time I went (last fall) I stopped having those feelings. That's because I was coming to the realization that Jehovah wasn't backing these guys and that Jesus burden was light. Any added weight doesn't have Gods backing.

An extra portion of holy spirit or a feeling of being more spiritual? Nope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit