Do elders feel any different after they are appointed?

by dido 25 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

I`d like to ask all ex elders and current elders (lot`s of new ones on the forum today), if they feel any different after they were appointed? Like a special portion of `j`s spirit`, or did they feel the same?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not especially, it was an appointment to a higher level in an organisation, nothing less.

• Tutle
    Tutle

For me at the time, it was a maximum and full shot of "feelgoodizm". Call Walgreen's or the WTBTS for your order!

Tutle

• rekless
    rekless

I didn't. I really was there to help.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Many new appointees have an experience similar to this:

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

OK Elswhere, how did you conjure that thought up.

For me it was at first confusing, then very disappointing as I went to elders meetings with the co and the do. It was like a bunch of guys with their first feelings of authority and very eager to use it in unloving unkind and unjust ways.

I clearly recall one newby at the meeting with the co for elders. A fake judicial was being used to train us. This one elder had a look on his face of enjoyment as he yelled out " well we could get her this way" and proceeded to describe a plot or decoy to ( get her ) with no other concept in his mind or his words.

With no calm thoughtful discussion of how this person may be helped or even innocent. I saw this more than once in my short term as an elder and in my own df'n. In mine I saw anger and hatred confused thinking or no comment at all from some.

I guaranty that I felt no spirit leading me or any of the other elders.

I was comfortable and treated well and respected in my business role as a manager in corporate dealings. It seems satans old world is more kind and caring than the wbts.

Outoftheorg

• juni
    juni

Outoftheorganization said:

It seems satans old world is more kind and caring than the wbts.

Amen!!

Juni

• sspo
    sspo

no difference, just a lot more work and guilt when the CO shows up and you reccomendation from him, but it's always followed by a a BUT

• Amazing
    Amazing

Dido,

What I am reading by some who have been Elders, there has been a real shift in beliefs and attitudes in the JW organization from when I was an Elder. But, I can say that no, there is no special feeling, other than being pleased with achieving a goal of being recognized by such an appointment. I was also one of the Anointed and an Elder, so some might think that this brought about a double special feeling ... but no, it is really no different than anything else that JWs experience. One is elated for a while after reaching what one sees as an honored position. This is human nature. But, then it dies down after a while, and life goes back to being rather routine. But, it scares me to see some of the comments, and makes me wonder why anyone would stay in the JWs, if there is such a desire for power and "getting people" as Outoftheorg has stated.

Jim Whitney

• skyking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit