Is the Higher/ Further Education still enemy number one?

by Jerohobobonadad 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

The BOEs around here seem to promote vocational school, or community college as opposed to a traditional university. They know you need to learn marketable skills outside of high school to keep your head afloat in San Diego. The BOEs are not so liberal as to allow someone to say "I want to get more education once I graduate from high school" in front of everyone, or in a comment. Whenever there's a young person indoctrination part, just mention Bethel or pioneering and no one will get flustered.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just went to my two day circuit assembly. The CO is still on the subject of education. I don't know if he is spouting from personal feelings or directions from the borg. He says young ones think they need an education, but they can get good jobs without them. I can agree, but only for the really talented or the really connected ones. There are not many higher paying jobs that don't require some college in the U.S. Labor and lower skill jobs are getting rarer.

I think this is a problem they can't win. If people get an education, they learn to think for themselves, question things. If they don't, they work hard and have no energy and money left to give the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit