Do the Governing Body members go out in field service?

by Woofer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Woofer
    Woofer

Don't know why I just thought of that. Do they go or are the "exempt" from going from door to door?

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

Wow what an excellent question to post! I don't think this issue has ever been discussed on this site.

• Arthur
    Arthur

No, they are not considered exempt from field service. They also go out in service from door to door. In fact, I have heard some Witnesses say things like:

"Immagine those householders who are rude and ridicule the GB members out in service! They have no idea who they are talking too! Won't they be sorry!"

• under_believer
    under_believer

The story was that for some of these uber old GB guys who are basically just drooling vegetables, but are still clinging to life, they just get wheeled out onto the sidewalk in their wheelchairs. Someone sets a couple of magazines on their chest, and they go to sleep. They count time for it. Some people have referred to it as "wheelchair witnessing."

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yeah, they go out. I'm glad I don't live in their territory, imagine having Ted Jaracz knocking on your door

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Wow what an excellent question to post! I don't think this issue has ever been discussed on this site.

You are joking, right? Everything has been discussed on this forum, including this topic, many times. Nothing new under the sun. On topic: I think Ray Franz noted that some higher ups went out rarely, if at all (Grant Suiter springs to mind for some reason). It is widely believed that Rutherford never went out. But I think nowadays they do all go out, if not prevented by infirmity, even if a token amount. You won't catch any of them auxiliary pioneering, methinks. Slim

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well I remember back when I was studying with an elder and we were out knocking on doors together , he had told that you don't get Jehovahs spirit unless you go out in service. So I guess if those boys up there on their high horses claiming that their religion is controlled by Jehovahs spirit then that means they would have to be out knocking on doors too. Who the hell knows and I for one really don't care. I am sick of JW's

• Arthur
    Arthur
    They count time for it. Some people have referred to it as "wheelchair witnessing."

LOL ! Wheelchair witnessing. That's rich. Why didn't I think of that! I could have faked an injury and had someone park my wheelchair at the beach where I could count time looking at women in bikinis. Hot damn. I would call that "wandering eyes witnessing".

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

That is a very good question. Never thought about what they did really besides make up sh##.

:Yeah, they go out. I'm glad I don't live in their territory

I wish I was in their territory lol!

• Undecided
    Undecided

Are they any good at preaching door to door? Has anyone ever heard of someone having a bible study with one of the GB? Have they ever converted anyone to the "truth"?

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit