Friendship gone, cause of questions...

by Matt_fs 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Matt_fs
    Matt_fs

Well I wont go into huge detail, but I had a friend of mine that was 16 years older than me, really close friend and actually i considered him a brother. I went to meetings and book studies with him for many many years and he wanted me to become a JW. My family being Christian was mad that i was attending meetings and learning their doctrine. I got researching the JW's for myself and found they are not Gods mouthpeice.

So to make a long story short, I brought all my questions to my friend, such as Jesus's resurection, false prophecies, and Jesus being worshipped. Well I had him stumped on many questions and he got very very very mad at me asking where i got my info and i just said from past WT publications and the bible. Since then he has not called me back, invited me to his house for movies etc etc. I wrote him an email asking why he has all of a sudden stopped calling and got a reply saying:

"It just seems you are always looking for fault in things, and you will always find it Matt, David wrote in Psalm 130:3 If errors were what you watch, O Jah, Jehovah, who could stand? People even found fault with Jesus who was perfect. And as I said before Satan found fault with Jehovah and his heavenly organization."

Then he went on:

"If you think you have found the right path in life I am happy for you, but for me, finding a few scriptures that imply Jesus is part of a Trinity doesn't cut it with the thousands that say otherwise."

Funny thing is, I never once brought up the trinity, its almost like he brought that up to escape all the other things I said. I dont talk about the trinity because thats not what im concerned about.

So, according to these questions, his email basically said we are on different paths in life, and this all is being done cause of some questions i asked! I just dont understand why someone cannot see this as wrong? Im going to be emailing him back, anyone have any comments on what maybe I should throw into the email? Thanks

Matt

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Matt, and welcome to the forum.

I think the key phrase in your post is this one:

I went to meetings and book studies with him for many many years and he wanted me to become a JW.

He obviously saw you as a prospect fo indoctrination into the jw religion, and now it's become obvious to him that that isn't going to happen, he's cooled towards you. Jws are taught to believe that anyone not a jw is a bad associate, and counselled to avoid such ones. No matter how close you once were, he will put being a jw first.

If you still want him as a friend, I wouldn't include any more questions or comments on the jws in your email. He probably thinks that you are trying to undermine his faith, and jws are taught to avoid people like that like the plague. Just concentrate on being friendly, and see how it goes - good luck!

Linda

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses duck into the trinity like a drunk ducks into an alley. It's a dis-belief they think they refute with the tools of a skeptic . . . logic and reason.

There's very few friendships will stand a frontal run on one of the friend's delusions by the other. Friends protect dreams, weaknesses, and delusions, not expose them.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I would ask my friend; Don't we deserve to know the truth? Don't you care enough about me to at least keep me from being cast into fiery Gehenna.

• sinis
    sinis

Sorry to hear that. I recently was accused by my MS friend that I was an apostate for showing him the UN NGO letter. Oh well, at least I'M free. Ask your friend why is he condemning you when you are basically following the pattern of the first century christians:

ACTS 17:

11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
  • sinis
    sinis

Also,

Well I wont go into huge detail, but I had a friend of mine that was 16 years older than me, really close friend and actually i considered him a brother. I went to meetings and book studies with him for many many years and he wanted me to become a JW. My family being Christian was mad that i was attending meetings and learning their doctrine. I got researching the JW's for myself and found they are not Gods mouthpeice.

So to make a long story short, I brought all my questions to my friend, such as Jesus's resurection, false prophecies, and Jesus being worshipped. Well I had him stumped on many questions and he got very very very mad at me asking where i got my info and i just said from past WT publications and the bible. Since then he has not called me back, invited me to his house for movies etc etc. I wrote him an email asking why he has all of a sudden stopped calling and got a reply saying:

"It just seems you are always looking for fault in things, and you will always find it Matt, David wrote in Psalm 130:3 If errors were what you watch, O Jah, Jehovah, who could stand? People even found fault with Jesus who was perfect. And as I said before Satan found fault with Jehovah and his heavenly organization."

Then he went on:

"If you think you have found the right path in life I am happy for you, but for me, finding a few scriptures that imply Jesus is part of a Trinity doesn't cut it with the thousands that say otherwise."

Funny thing is, I never once brought up the trinity, its almost like he brought that up to escape all the other things I said. I dont talk about the trinity because thats not what im concerned about.

So, according to these questions, his email basically said we are on different paths in life, and this all is being done cause of some questions i asked! I just dont understand why someone cannot see this as wrong? Im going to be emailing him back, anyone have any comments on what maybe I should throw into the email? Thanks

Matt

You might ask him to SHOW you the scripture that says this? I don't think I've ever found one...

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What a jerk...He wasn't your friend Matt. Sorry. A real friend cares about YOU.

lisa

• sinis
    sinis

If you really want to get his mind spinning ask him why he worships YAHWEH as Almighty God when he is NOT according to the original Hebrew .

Psalm 89:6: For who in the skies can be compared to Yahweh, who among the sons of EL is like Yahweh, http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/psa89.pdf
    Psalm 18:13: Yahweh also thundered in the heavens, and Elyon uttered his voice. (same as 2 Samuel 22:14) http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/psa18.pdf
    Psalm 29:1: Ascribe to Yahweh, O sons of EL, ascribe to Yahweh glory and strength. http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/psa29.pdf http://scripturetext.com/psalms/29-1.htm
  • kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

He's just pissed cause he can't count his time anymore.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***"It just seems you are always looking for fault in things, and you will always find it Matt...***

Given the huge sacrifices JWs expect you to make for the rest of your life for their beliefs (no college education, huge chunks of time for meetings and fs, strict limits on what you can do and who you can socialize with), you'd think they'd be more than happy to answer any and all objections. You'd think they'd want you to be absolutely certain before making such a huge commitment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit