I've forgotten so much!

by daystar 11 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Brigid and I were talking last night and discussing children and how we who were JW kids had to sit still for three or four meetings a week and how that sort of self-discipline has its good points and bad points.

When we were talking about the meetings, she had to remind me that the meetings on Thurs. and Sun. were two hours.

"Really?" I said. Wow, I had completely forgotten. We had the theocratic ministry school and then... ... ... gee, what was after that? She had to remind me that we would go over the Kingdom Ministry. Oh yeah!

I have forgotten so much about my 18 years growing up a JW! And yet, there are still things that I will never forget.

Are there things that you realize you had also forgotten? (I know, like, dude... I've forgotten them! )

• Twitch
    Twitch

I know what you mean and it's great. A past life :-)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why do some people have to keep stating the obvious? The JW meetings were boring enough as it was.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Sadly, I remember quite a lot about the meetings still, but I've only been out for a while. In some ways, remembering is good, it helps ensure you don't get caught in crap like that again. Even so, I hope to forget it all one day.

• daystar
    daystar

greenie

Why do some people have to keep stating the obvious?

??

The JW meetings were boring enough as it was.

Sometimes. There were times when I actually enjoyed them though.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Steady Daystar......... lol. I enjoyed some of the meetings too. It would be silly to say it was all boring or stupid.

• Woofer
    Woofer

I had completely forgotten about the written review until someone brought the subject up here a few weeks go.

I remember how the paper it was printed on would smell real bad.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I had completely forgotten about the written review until someone brought the subject up here a few weeks go.

I remember how the paper it was printed on would smell real bad.

I forgot about that, too...till you brought it up! Your right, it DID smell really bad. So did the Our Kingom Ministry thingies.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I had forgotten the written review as well!

Also someone on here was talking about the different points that you had to work on in talks and I had forgotten all about that crap!

• Woofer
    Woofer

Or as another poster called it "The ROTTEN Review"

heh heh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit