Awake article ....Vaticans role as NGO

by purplesofa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The wts still is an NGO, they attended a conference recently on anti - semitism and other forms of intolerance. They probably wouldn't have ended their status as an NGO at the UN if they hadn't been found out. I wouldn't be surprised if they are still in some way connected with the UN now.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    The wts still is an NGO

Auldsoul pointed out (in the big thread thirdwitness started) that representatives of the Watchtower Society are NGOs. The Watchtower Society itself is no longer an NGO. I know it is splitting hairs, but I felt it is worth saying again for accuracy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Let me see, how do you spell it?......H.....Y....P....O...C...R...I....S....Y

• daystar
    daystar

Let me see, how do you spell it?......H.....Y....P....O...C...R...I....S....Y

Speaking out of both sides of their mouths, perhaps?

• juni
    juni

Thanks Purps for the information.

Are you feeling better now?

Juni

• 5go
    5go

Do you think the NGO scandal is the reason the awake got cut to one a month. I mean without the UN propoganda for content, what is the point.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Maybe I'm missing the point, but my understanding is that the Vatican isn't a Non-Government Organization (NGO). It is a member state, and hence has a representative from its government.

The issue in the extract is that a bunch of NGOs, with declared interesting in population control, want the Vatican's MEMBER status removed. This is not the same as the removal of a non-existant NGO status. After all, how can a non-government be a government? Is this the beast that was, and was not, and was again?

Have I got that correct?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Representatives of the WBT$ are NGO..But the WBT$ is no longer NGO..????..Thats hillarious..WBT$,one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet,found a new way to play the game..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

Adding my thoughts:

NGO -

N - non

G - governmental

O - organization

The vatican is a country/government. Therefore, it is not nongovernmental. The wt is not a country/government. Therefore, it is a nongovernmental organisation - ngo. The wt remains an ngo, whether or not it is a member of the un library.

S

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Purps for the information.

Are you feeling better now?

Juni

Yes, Juni......thanks, feeling better.

Thanks everyone for your comments on this. Everything about the WT is so twisted. No wonder there are so many wacked out JW's. I just do not like how they do things.

I was thinking too. They say the stories written in the Awakes and WT's are from a correspondant from such and such country. Thats surely a lie too. lol.........I don't know why I thought of that.........It's late.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit