Do you own a Juicer?

by OUTLAW 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Wow... I hadn't realized that 'Champion' juicers were still made.

When I was a kid, my mom had a Champion juicer... the commercial model. This juicer was huge! I remember that she kept it cleaned and 'bagged' in storage most of the time. When she got it out... was usually after she had bought a 50 pound bag of carrots (and smaller quantities of other veggies).

Then we'd spend a good afternoon 'juicin carrots'. She would have to stop about two or three times and clean out the strainer inside the juicer, as it would get clogged.

We'd get a lot of quart jars of juice - which she'd keep most, and give away some - to friends - no charge.

After the juicing was complete, we'd then spend another 30 minutes or so cleaning up the juicer, and then put it back in storage.

Regards,

Jim TX

• nelly136
    nelly136

picking one up later today, last time i had a grapefruit juice from my friends juicer it was soooo nice, then next day i felt like i'd had my fingers in a plug socket ,headspin hot sweats and all over skin tingle from head to toe thought i was gonna die, so i'll prolly take it very easy breaking myself in.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    This sucker could juice chalk

So what does chalk juice taste like?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I bought a Jack Lalanne power juicer and I used it a couple of times, but not enough to see any real benefit. I found the cleanup takes too long.

W

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Since it is my goal to be "apostate" in all things, I shunned the juicer in favor of a variable speed Vita-Mix, the primary reason being that a juicer retains all that yummy and beneficial insoluble fiber roughage. The Vita-Mix whacks everything down to sub atomic particle size, and gulping down a big glass of plasma REALLY jump-starts the day!

OK - kidding about the sub atomic plasma, but it does pulverize everything that gets in its way, even, for example, strawberry seeds, which then make the antioxidants within available to your digestive system.

This vita mix is about 210 horsepower, with dual carbs and a supercharger. It screams! The neighbors are afraid of it!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    This vita mix is about 210 horsepower, with dual carbs and a supercharger. It screams! The neighbors are afraid of it!

Nourish the soul and polute the environment all at the same time. What can be better than that?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jayhawk1,chalk juice is very dry..LOL!!..Chalk is better for growing champange grapes............Champion Juicers are old school,I love`em..Sold many back in the day.......If your in the market for a new juicer find one thats powerfull and cleans easily..A little research will make owning a juicer a pleasure...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Chalk juice I would imagine would be like drinking sheet rock mud. I'm sure to the JW nothing would be more satisfying than a tall glass of chalk juice while petting lions and talking to blueberries.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jayhawk1..Blueberrys are afraid of juicers..Entire BlueBerry villages have been wiped out,by wandering nomadic Juicers..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• nelly136
    nelly136

ooooooook am going off it already, 3 apples chopped small enough to fit down a very small chute and produce a small cup of applejuice ,didnt take too long,

dismantling, cleaning and getting the goo out and getting the little blade and strainer thing clean a friggin lot longer!

the super sonic liquidiser that pisses off the neighbours sounds a whole lot easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit