What self improvements have you made since leaving?!

by Khrysanthemum 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Khrysanthemum
    Khrysanthemum

? and I don't mean remodeling your house!

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Krissie-

( I hope I am the first to post!)

I would have to say that I hope I was a good person even when I was a dub. But since I've left I would say I am not as judgemental as I used to be!!! And I try to see the good in everyone and love them for who they are. I also LOVE living life...I no longer take it for granted because I now realize this is the ONLY life I have for SURE!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm not judgemental anymore since I left either. I was never one to join in some of the more malicious gossip at the kh, but I took part in some of the milder stuff, and I don't do that much now.

I used to feel slightly superior to people I worked with, in that I knew I was going to live forever, and they would die if they didn't listen to me, but I've lost that attitude as well, and I'm sure I'm a much better and more approachable person for it.

• Khrysanthemum
    Khrysanthemum

Well I too am more open minded. I give people the benefit of the doubt now.

I am happier, not only with other people in my life but myself. I finally know who "Krissie" is. That feels so good. I cherish everyday in life, knowing I had missed out on so much my first 22 years on this earth because I was in a cult.

I have a better relationship with my "wordly" family now too. I have finally started putting forth an effort to have a relationship with them. I'm thankful I have them to support me in the decisions I have made.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't like to mess with a good thing.

W

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

I try more than anything else to accept people for who they are as individuals, as human beings, rather than to judge them based on their choice of beliefs, cultural background, educational level, etc.

Such thoughts as, "That person is worldly so they can't be trusted," while still a nuisance, are thankfully diminishing over time.

DR

• Smoky
    Smoky

hey i'm now more open minded also. Plus i have no problem saying:

!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY Krissie!!!!!

You know stuff like that.

smoky

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

I think you know best how I've changed Krysanthemum, but to those of you who don't know me that well, I have definately been a lot happier because I too am living my life not being afraid of anything. I used to fear dying because I wasn't going door to door and praying as much as I "should", so now I just live life the way I want to and I think I'm a better person now and more caring than what I used to be. and I'm not holding myself back from doing things that I was told not to do.

• Smoky
    Smoky

I am a work in progress.

I just starting taking Boxing lessons, something i would not have done before.. but always wanted to.

I was always such a wuss, never got into fights and shy'd away from any confrontation, I dont know how to defend myself let alone protect someone else, when needed. Hell, i punch like a girl (i said Hell...funny) how pathetic is that.

I dont care what they say i am going to learn to kick ass, and take names too....(what ever that means)

smoky (sorry for the rant)

• Calico Ethel
    Calico Ethel

that's nothing Smokey,

I go to the YMCA - that's where the devil resides! I have taken kickboxing classes and a dance class and intend on taking some of my girlfriends with me to a self defense class.... the JW way is apparently to not defend yourself and just take the abuse - yeah right....that's not going to happen.. I too am going to learn to kick ass!

I will kick ass and no need to take names later - I don't care what there names are!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit