Cartoon of Pope on Aljazeera.Net

by Tigerman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

This Pope shotgunning the Dove of Peace. Wow, Muslims sure have a great sense of humor !

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Where is the pic or the link? Might as well see what our friends of a different faith are up to.

• Tigerman
  • jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Oh boy, what a knee slapper!

I found Shujaat's cartoon rather boring. No wonder the Muslim radicals want to kill everybody, they don't have a very good sense of humor. These people don't need democracy, they need to laugh. (Notice I said radicals, not normal peace loving Muslims.)

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I guess what is confusing to me is that Aljazeera supposedly represents the neutral side of news in the Muslim and Arab world, however, many of the cartoons depicting religious or political ideas that are Western in nature are very much anti-western.

Now, let's see . . .where did I put that cartoon of Mohammed that caused radical Muslims around the world to kill and burn ?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This is what I find so funny about radical Muslims. How many people have died because somebody made a plastic Jesus figure like this...

But if somebody makes a cartoon of Mohammed, riots break out. I just don't get it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The cartoons don't seem that funny to me, a bit tedious really.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

It's really amazing isn't it? They can criticize and make fun of christians (not that I'm one) but if anyone makes fun of their religion there is hell to pay? What BS. Why are they not allowed to question their religion and opt out of it if they change their minds? A belief system that cannot be scrutinized has something seriously wrong with it. If something is true no amount of investigating will prove it otherwise, the only place where there is absolute truth is in nature, everything else has been invented by someone, for example we know that we need oxygen to breath, you can investigate all you want and the facts will still remain the facts.

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit