Is There Anything Positive About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They must be much nicer in England to the older ones who are JWs.

• minimus
    minimus

GARY, see!!! Jehovah provided a nice kitchen for your mom. In Somalia, they could only wish they had such a kitchen.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, min, I just read your first post on this and your friend's comments about his children. The jury is not back on his kids yet and many non-JW kids live good and successful lives without the WTS. The WTS does not have a lock on morality.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, actually, the dad's been df'd for smoking and immorality. The daughter's on her 2nd marriage, and her sister just recently came out of the closet. The truth is, these persons are all quite nice. Good people. Maybe because of some "strict" beginnings, they turned out ok. But who knows?? Maybe I would've been amember of the Hell's Angel's or somethin'.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Even if there are these are very much outweighed by the bad points the negative things of the society, so it's hard to say. At the end of the day the balance is quite negative.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would once have listed all the things about speaking and reading ability, but now i realise that it came at a terrible cost . I could have got it all from elsewhere .

Contrary to what they tell you, JDubs do not have the monopoly on goodness and morality.

• blondie
    blondie
    Maybe I would've been amember of the Hell's Angel's or somethin'

The Angels have higher standards than that, min.

Actually, I found it insulting whenever some JW would say that all the "good" things non-JWs did were of no value becaue they weren't JWs and this from JWs whose hall had been broken into twice by JWs, and JWs had been selling drugs in the restrooms, and another member had been molesting his daughter and the elders knew; where there had been 5 divorces in one year, none of the "scriptural."

I knew men and women who learned to read in prison, but I wouldn't call it a positive experience.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Prison experiences helped Rutherford and company, didn't it?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Rutherford died of rectal cancer..Now I find out he`s been to jail..There`s a joke there some where..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Pro? Your one arrogant, cocky son of a bitch because you hold some special knowledge that makes you superior to everyone else in the world and they are idiots, but you, your family and ?friends? are going to survive and take rich worldly peoples homes after Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit