Does the Pope have to apologize to the Muslims?

by free2beme 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Hey how about this, instead of the pope apologizing why doesn't the Islamic media air the Pope's entire speech, instead of just the part taken totally out of context. They are saying that the pope is doomed, and they are buring large dolls made to look like the pope and saying that the western world is doomed, and calling for head tax, all because they think they heard the pope say islam was violent?????????? I just think they need to hear the entire speech, and western and islamic media is just fueling the fire.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Okay, let me see if I have this straight: the Pope put his foot in his mouth and intimated that Muslims or the Muslim religion was violent. The Muslims were offended and have shown this by being violent.

Yep, that will sure change my opinion of the Muslim religion!

Nina

• greendawn
    greendawn

"the Pope put his foot in his mouth and intimated that Muslims or the Muslim religion was violent. The Muslims were offended and have shown this by being violent."

Perhaps that's why the pope said those things to make them prove that he was right. And it's strange he did, knowing what their inevitable reaction would be.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I do think the timing was bad even though what he said was years old and out of context. However christianity is not faultless either just look at the crusades have we said sorry for that?

I'm not sure what I think really, it all stinks

BM

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

As I watched the news in the last few days, I was thinking how easy it is to inflame the Muslims, or at least the more fanatical ones.

Whether the Pope should apologize or not, he has issued a partial apology, but not enough for Muslim extremists it seems, who are still looking for revenge. Whether his remarks are true or not, it would have been better if he had not made them.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I think the Pope should apologize if and only if the president of Iran, Ahmadinejed apologizes for stating that Israel should be wiped off the face of the earth. Why don't Muslim clerics denounce that?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Does the Muslim religion claim to be war against Christianity? Something called the jihad? If so, then I think the Pope should cast a few more stones their directions and who cares what they say. After all, they wanted to kill him before he said it.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I ain't apologizing to anybody!

The Pope

• free2beme
    free2beme

... and you should not have too.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

The Pope for once says something I agree with, and it causes a big stink.

Has anyone ever heard what John Hagee says about muslims? It wonder his church hasn't burned down.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit