Do you have questions about your car I can answer!

by hambeak 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• free2beme
    free2beme

Any ideas for improving mileage? Never hurts to improve, right?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just in time! I need to double check something with a mechanic. I have a 1998 Isuzu Hombre (I'm told this is basically a Chevy S-10) with a broken timing chain. Or at least we know the valves aren't turning. The question is: when the chain broke did it take out the valves etc at the same time. I've been through this before and the engine was toast, but I think some of them have enough clearance to avoid the problem. It's a four cylander engine 2.2 liter (I think).

Thanks

• hubert
    hubert
    Get a new gas cap. What year is your truck?

I forgto to mention, I already replaced the gas cap, but still no pressure.

It's a 1996 T-100.

I was told that the sensors strip or break when trying to remove the old ones.

Thanks for the info.

Hubert

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is an old 1988 Volkswagen Transporter van but I found recently that the brake pedal is hard when I press it the first few times each day but then soon it goes back to normal, it becomes soft. What causes it?

• M.J.
    M.J.

Q1: I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute. It's really the same vehicle as the Ford Escape. The indicator light which tells you the parking brake is set never shuts off, even when I release the parking brake. I checked and there's enough brake fluid.

• juni
    juni

hambeak said:

Juni Look under the car by the inside wheel you will see a rubber boot. When you turn to the right you will hear a clunk if it the cv axle on the right side as well as on the left only on front wheel drive vehicles. It might also be a ball joint but I doubt it. more than likely a cvaxle. If the boot is torn or separated take a flash light and look where the axle goes to the wheel see if it is separated. If so have it replaced and then have the front end alligned

Thanks. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but had to turn off the computer early and this am the site was down.

I appreciate your help. Husband's going to take a look.

Juni

• hambeak
    hambeak

Warlock it is possible that the rear axle is tweaked this can happen if you run over something large at a higher rate of speed. However I would certainly get another opinion as this very rarely occurs unless you hit something very hard

Ham

• hambeak
  • hambeak
    hambeak

free2bemee yes there are a few things to improve mileage make sure you have it tuned up regularly with the correct spark plug. If a Japanese or American don't use Bosch as these plugs burn too hot and can damage your ignition coil and ignition coil modulator.

Also I drive a 2001 Ford explolrer xls with a 4.0 I change the air filter with every oil change and I get about 20 mpg around town and almost 30mpg hiway

Ham

• hambeak
    hambeak

Jeff t I believe your isuzu has a belt not a chain if it is a belt there is a 90% chance your engine is toast. Most Isuzus as most asian cars are belt driven with what is called an interference motor Dodge and Plymouth neons are also this way as is the chevy aveo as this is not a chevy at all but Daihatsu built in Korea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit