What does your REAL name mean?

by Peaches-n-Cream 72 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

my name is for a boy or girl..........

Marion, Jackie, Loren, Terry, Charlie, Chris, Carol, or PuddNTang?

• Y I Man
    Y I Man

Gavin - From a Welsh name meaning Hawk of May. (Thats what it says on my keyring anyway!) Strangely enough I was born in May.

Gavin (aka Y I Man - Geordie for Nee Bother)

• KW13
    KW13

One translation of Karl means "Free Man"

I love that

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My name is of Spanish origin, and means pretty one.

• AlanF
    AlanF

fullofdoubtnow said:

: My name is of Spanish origin, and means pretty one.

Hmm. None of "fullofdoubtnow" seems particularly Spanish. What am I missing? Are you really "Linda"? AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

My name is Alan, and it has variations such as Allan, Allen, Alyn, Alain, etc. According to online sources it means: "handsome, little rock, cheerful, noble, precious". I agree.

AlanF

• ania
    ania

first name hebrew origin meaning "sacraficial lamb of god" middle name also hebrew origin meaning "favour" or "grace"

Hambeak- you didn't seem sure of yr name so i took the liberty of looking it up for u (hope u don't mind) in an online book of names :

GARY

Usage:English

Pronounced: GER-ee [key]

Either a pet form of GARETH or else from a surname which was derived from various first names beginning with the Germanic element ger, gar meaning "spear".

Reichild

• greendawn
    greendawn

My name Nicolas means "victory of the people" and it's of Greek origin. Kristine I think your name means more "of the Christ" rather than "Christ bearer" which is more like Christopher.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

From Scottish origin originally derived from a place name meaning "great hill"

Not overly exciting sadly

BM

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

My name, Larissa, means "cheeful one".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit