What does your REAL name mean?

by Peaches-n-Cream 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

My name is french, and it means 'Young Archer'!

Hey...LOL...It just dawned on me...That's what Legolas is!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Desired.

• bebu
    bebu

Don't ask me why anyone would come up with an idea to name a child... Beaver's Stream.

Supposedly (we all are looking for the bright side on this one) it means industrious. But I am no industrious morning person... I often post in my pajamas!!

bebu

aka Beverly

• shera
    shera

The girl's name Heather is pronounced HEH-ther. It is of Middle English origin. Flower name: an evergreenfloweringplant that thrives on peaty barren lands, as in Scotland. Has an upper-classaura.

alt

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

What does your REAL name mean?

Seriously speaking, what do we consider is REAL? Any group, or race of people can define or give a meaning to a name that suits their own agenda or political and ethinic views and beliefs........I guess whatever makes the individual happy! LOL

• joe_black
    joe_black

JOE - Hebrew - Male...form of JOSEPH - "God shall add"......he also divides subtracts and multiply's but mostly divides, lol

• daystar
    daystar

Oh, that real name? I thought it just meant the one we use normally rather than our handle here.

In that case, nevermind. I believe in the power of names and no one will likely ever know my real name.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I go by Nikki, but my name is Nicole which means "Victory of the People".

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Seriously speaking, what do we consider is REAL?

TMI

I had to cut it out.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Apparently Gary is latin and means 'spear carrier' (Sounds almost phallic!)

My surname, Armstrong has its origins in the Scottish Borders where our clan ran protection rackets for local land owners (that should impress my new girlfriends parents hehe!!!)

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit