Hiding in the Organization

by purplesofa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Purps,

I have had an entire family including extended relatives that have lead a life in the the WBTs that should have all been hung by the rules. Of course most was covered up, and only the lowest paid any price. Like you I could write 1000 pages.

I am so sorry for what you have gone through, but also realize you seem to be a pretty sharp girl.

Your story was amazing and I send you my best wishes and support.

You are a great girl!

r.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Even when I was a pioneer; when I was happily married; when I was a model JW myself - even then, she could not say enough bad about me. Then she'd smile to my face and act like she was so happy to see me.

Talk about kindred spirits!!!!

I SO identify with this!!! All sweetness and smiles to my face but doing nasty thoughtless things behind my back.....even when we were both "serving Jehovah"....(gag)

It is such a blessing to me that she doesn't come by any more.....I can't stand phonies OR nasty toxic people.....she fills both bills.

• blondie
    blondie

I have an abusive JW mother and now an abusive JW sibling/spouse. Mine have shown their true colors to too many dubs by now. Not that it helps my situation. The WTS policy is still that the abused stay with the abusers and suffer until the GT comes. No wonder so many JWs stay and take the WTS abuse.

Blondie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    No wonder so many JWs stay and take the WTS abuse

When I was starting to realize more and more about the organization, I was really feeling for my Mom and how could I help her to get out. Then.......I thought......nah, she is right where she deserves to be.

purps

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````.

Thank you so much for your comments. I honestly felt like I was the only person that came from a family like this. As I really have not met anyone in similar circumstances. I want to copy these comments for my brother to read, I think it will help him too. I am sorry for anyone that has to live this way. People like my mother are masters at deception. They go through life hurting people, projecting off on others what them themselves do. It pains me deeply inside to think that my mothers wickedness could have been part of the cause of my step fathers suicide.

Abusive, only more emotional than physical.... Looks amazing for her age.... Intelligent, charming, charismatic.... Physically beautiful.... And she has alienated every person in her family.

alienated is exactly what she has done.

Again thanks for your comments. Knowing people understand is helpful.

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I wondered.......where any of your mothers the only child.

• TMS
    TMS

Purple,

Most of my JW relatives are very decent people who would not knowingly hurt anyone.

I have a sister-in-law however about whom I have constantly asked one question: "Does she really believe Jehovah is real?" She lives her life as if he sees nothing. She lies easier than she tells the truth. She totally misrepresents her financial situation to get government benefits. She backstabs with ease. If I have ever met a truly evil person, she is it.

I don't question her Kingdom hope. I question how she possibly believes she would be allowed to live in God's new order based on her track record.

The only thing I can come up with is that she is also guilty of self-deception.

tms

• sspo
    sspo
    The only thing I can come up with is that she is also guilty of self-deception.

After more than 30 years in the org. and an elder for more than 20 years, you see cheating, lying and taking advantage of those in the congr. when business is involved. Quite a few brother have gotten hurt financially by primarily those that were supposed to be examples in the cong. such as elders.

Multiply that by more than 90k congregation and we have a lot crookedness going on.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

After more than 30 years in the org. and an elder for more than 20 years, you see cheating, lying and taking advantage of those in the congr. when business is involved. Quite a few brother have gotten hurt financially by primarily those that were supposed to be examples in the cong. such as elders.

Multiply that by more than 90k congregation and we have a lot crookedness going on.

This proves that for all the big talk on how "special" Jehovah's people are, how "LOVING" they all are, or how "they have cleaned themselves up from the world",

we see they are NO different, nor any better than anyone else. They just like to pretend they are.

How ELSE could they be trained to stand on somebody's porch, look them straight in the eye and tell them how God will destroy them because he thinks their religion is all wrong.....and that THEY have it right!

We know otherwise.

Annie

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I think the point is.....

She has no friends except one that I know of outside of the truth. She wore them all out and her family so she was alone.

That makes somebody more receptive to hear the truth.

She easily walked away from the problems she created over the years, and now lives in this lie. She did nothing to rectify her past.

This false sense of OKness based on meeting attendance and pioneering.

Does that make sense?

Purps, I almost think we might be sisters (well, we really are). This is my mom too. Except I don't think she even has friends in the cong.

love ya

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This proves that for all the big talk on how "special" Jehovah's people are, how "LOVING" they all are, or how "they have cleaned themselves up from the world",

we see they are NO different, nor any better than anyone else. They just like to pretend they are.

How ELSE could they be trained to stand on somebody's porch, look them straight in the eye and tell them how God will destroy them because he thinks their religion is all wrong.....and that THEY have it right!

We know otherwise.

Annie, I was just going to post to sspo comment in almost the same words. You Beat me to it!!!

The only thing they have managed to figure out is how to DF people for fornication, smoking etc. But the real crimes, the ones that people see and are not as easy to pinpoint keep going on. . These are the more hurtful things, the ones that truely cause stumbling.

People turn the other way knowing they go on. Which is fine IF it were not for what you brought out in your comment above.

It's taken all my life to work my way out of my mothers abusiveness. I was shocked when she was baptised. At the time I was an active witness and was pissed that she was in my religion. And thought they will take anybody!!!

Before I got baptised I cleared up some things with other people first. I wrote my Mom a long letter apologizing for things I had done to hurt her. Before my Mother got baptised, or even afterwards, that would have been a good time to clear up secrets she had been harboring. It's like when the society gets a letter for an elder recommendation and approve it,(you know with the holy spirit) then comes back and asks if there is anything that should keep them from being an elder???

I can fineally see she is reaping what she has sown. Alone in older age, with phoney love.....and no closeness with her family. She has a house of pretty things, a nice car to drive and looks like she has the world by the tail. Her children have figured her out and grandkids too. She is slaving away, to ensure she is reunited with dead loved ones, two of which she is the very reason they took their lives.

This thread has helped me deeply. Thanks

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit