CORRECTION TO WT BOOKS!

by badboy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

tHE wt recently added some corrections to REVELATION BOOK!

HAVE THEY EVER ISSUED CORRECTIONS FOR OTHER BOOKS?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

They have been known to alter things in watchtower bound volumes from the original magazines, but I can't off hand think of any specific examples, and I think there have been updated versions of other books before.

I am sure some of the other posters on here will be able to come up with some examples.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I remember reading a paragraph from the Revelation Book during a book study and half the group gasped and made other noises in disagreement. Turned out those with the latest copies had different versions to mine and the rest of my family!

Ian

• badboy
    badboy

TELL ME MORE!

TELL ME MORE!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Badboy, you will find several changes to books and magazines at this link:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/changed_writings.html

Look under the flip - flops heading and the rape is/is not fornication headings for other changes while you're there.

I hope this helps

Linda

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Here's an example from the site:

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them"

[As originally published in Watchtower magazine]

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century

[Emphasis Added]

Watchtower 1989 January 1 p.12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them"

[As it appears on Watchtower bound volumes & CD-ROMs]

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day

You will find plaenty more if you look at the site..

• JimWood
    JimWood

So that would explain why everybody was told to get a new book each time it was studied. Would hate to get that old light from last year mixed in.

• V
    V

See: Revelation "Adjustments": Complete Analysis

Regarding other books, this is a first in my experience. Recently the Daniel book was used for the book study (for the second time). A new edition of the Daniel book was released, but there was no official notice of what had changed. I know some circuit overseers made an ad hoc "cheat sheet" that was well circulated amoungst the rank and file.

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Every publisher should never be without a gallon of Tip-Ex (failing that, a box of matches)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit