Leaving for Europe Sunday!

by Virgochik 21 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Have a great trip Virgochik!

I don't know about Copenhagen, but Edinburgh is a lovely city, and I know you will enjoy yourself there.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Advice for Denmark/Coppenhagen

AVOID cabs... they are UNBELIEVABLY expensive. If you HAVE to use one, check and then DOUBLE check how much the fare is going to be! Also, Tivoli Gardens is a COMPLETE waste of money... truly terrible. Denmark is really expensive. The little mermaid is a bit of a let down.... The view across the harbour behind her is DREADFUL... smoke stacks belching acrid smoke into the air. There is a Irish Bar near the main train station that has elephant beer... a VERY politically incorrect faux Ivory tusk for the pump handle... and it's like, 12%.... two pints of these and you do a Stephen Hawkins... incapable of speaking or walking!

Edinburgh is lovely. Try get out of the city if you can into the Highlands. Edingburgh is terribly touristy, but if you explore the side streets you will be amazed!!

• nelly136
    nelly136

if i ever went back up to edinburgh i'd head for this place

http://www.realmarykingsclose.com/about.htm

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Thank you, everybody, for the well wishes and great information! I apologize, but I just got home from work.

LittleToe, we would love to meet you, if it could come together. We arrive in Edinburgh on the 22nd, and could come back to the city on the 24th. We're staying in a lodge in Aberfeldy. I wish a group could get together for a nice evening meal...

• juni
    juni

Have a wonderful time Virgochic!!!!

I hope you're able to bring us some pictures.

Hugs,

Juni

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Juni, I might bore everyone to tears with tons of pictures! (If I can figure out how to upload them) but first, I'm off on a merry adventure taking them! Thanks!

• juni
    juni

Don't feel bad about not knowing how to upload pics here. All I know is that you have to upload them at photobucket.com or other "hosting" (?) places.

Sorry I'm of no help to you. No. We won't be bored!!! Say hi to LittleToe for me O.K? And take a peek under his kilt to see what he wears!! You know the mystery of those Scots w/their kilts!!

Juni

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Haha, Juni! I'm hoping to hear from LittleToe before we leave for the airport Sunday morning. Whatever happens with his kilt (wink-wink), is all Juni's fault, really it is!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Go see Holyrood House while you're in Edinburgh. It is SO COOL!!! Mary Queen of Scots lived there and the front part of the castle faces the HIgh Street (if I remember correctly) and there is a huge wild craggy hill behind it, so you don't forget that you are in Scotland. Holyrood was where Queen Mary's musician and advisor, Rizzio, was murdered in front of her when she was pregnant with James VI of Scotland and James I of England (same kid, two thrones), in an effort by the Scottish Lords to get her to miscarry. Very exciting and true story. She escaped the Lords with the help of Lord Bothwell, who became her third husband, some say by force.

And you can see John Knox's house, with its overhanging second story where he would give his sermons and harangue the passers-by with exhortations from the Scriptures -- very much an earlier version of the Watchtower, only live and in person.

I guarantee you will enjoy your trip! Hug Little Toe for me!

Hugs,
    Nina

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, we're off for the airport! My fault, short notice, LittleToe... will keep our eyes out for you all over Scotland!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit