Leaving for Europe Sunday!

by Virgochik 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, as some of you might remember, I took the great advice given me many of you, and got hubby to make travel plans with me! We leave for Copenhagen on Sunday, then Edinburgh on Sept.22! I will miss the board alot while wining and dining thru Denmark and Scotland, but look forward to catching up once back at home.

To all who coached me on how to encourage my husband to go to Europe with me, thank you! Your advice was very helpful! We are celebrating our wedding anniversary in Scotland. Does anyone know how the weather might be, next week, in the Edinburgh/Aberfeldy area?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Congrats! I do remember your story; glad he came around, that was an important one.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Virgo,

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT.

Warlock

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Hmm, cosy weather outlook from BBC for next week! It's okay though; Edinburgh has loads of fantastic pubs! Just the place to duck in out of a downpour and chase the chill away. Hope you have lots of fun! Congrats on getting what you wanted!

-V

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well you just missed summer, but it shouldn't be too cold. I would pack a sweat shirt just in case. I found San Francisco very cold compared to the UK in summer but most of the rest of the US I found to be a lot hotter than here. Hope you enjoy your trip!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Wish you all the best for your trip, Copenhagen is a very nice city and also Scotland is a beautiful country with its lakes and highlands (not to be missed), the British isles are typically wet but I am sure you will enjoy your time there.

• luna2
    luna2

Have a fabulous time, Virgo! I'm so glad you got the hubster off his duff. Be sure to take some pictures to show us. Bon voyage!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    with me, thank you! Your advice was very helpful! We are celebrating our wedding anniversary in Scotland. Does anyone know how the weather might be, next week, in the Edinburgh/Aberfeldy area?

One word: changable

You can't guarantee the weather here within the day, far less a week in advance.

There's a slim chance I might be arriving in Edinburgh that Sunday night (24th). Will y'all still be around?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Have fun on your trip! Celebrating your anniversary overseas should be quite lovely and romantic.

• lowden
    lowden

Virgochick

Sounds like a great trip!

I've been through Kastrup airport a few times on the way to see my brother in Sweden. The Danes are a nice bunch.

Edinburgh?? What a stunning city!! That, my dear will be a real treat.

Aberfeldy? J.K. Rowling of Harry Potter fame lives there in a huge mansion (or did a short while back). Also, the oldest tree in the UK is there, an old Yew (over 3,000 yrs old) that i think is in the grounds of the church.

The tallest tree in the UK is just down the road in Dunkeld. It's a Douglas Fir at over 200 feet high and can be found on the way to Ossians Falls on the 'forest walk'. Can you tell i'm a 'nature boy'?

Also in Dunkeld is a bar called Macleans on the banks of the majestic River Tay and owned by the Scots singer/songwriter Dougie Maclean. You will find genuine Scots music being played there but ring ahead to find out when, should be on Friday/Saturday nights. There's a Gold disc on the wall in the bar for his contribution to the soundtrack of Last of the Mohicans. I was also fortunate enough to have him play fiddle on a song of mine when i was there once.

Good times ahead.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit