Exorcism...........

by ButtLight 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I have always wondered since I was a kid, why, say catholic priests, can do this, if they arent directed by gods holy spirit. And of course we were tought they were false religions, and that its satans work to mislead us. Do you believe that they can actually cast demons out of someone, or that a person can even become demonized? Or they can bless a house, and cast out evil spirits? I know some dont believe in any of that anymore, but I also know some do. We have all heard of stories that are "supposedly" true.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I think I know this one....

If I'm not mistaken the reason is that the demons respond to the priests to make Christendom look good.

Nevermind the fact that that goes completely against the words of Jesus.

• Legolas
    Legolas

LOL...I last read Blackswan's post, then clicked in here and forgot what Butt wrote...LMAO!

So I will say that Blackswan cast a demon in me!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

If I'm not mistaken the reason is that the demons respond to the priests to make Christendom look good.

I've heard that as well. The demons want to lure people away from jehovah, so they will allow Christendoms priests to perform apparent miracles to impress the unsuspecting. I used to believe that, but now I see it for the bs it really is.

To be honest, I don't believe in good or evil spirits any more, and take stories of demons being cast out etc with a pinch of salt anyway.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

I don't think there is such a thing. I think the existence of demons would prove the existence of god. For me, I would welcome an experience where I saw demons because that would answer my questions. Maybe they're hiding from me because they know this.-lol IMO this is another thing that humans have made up to explain the unexplainable.

When God or Satan reveals there-self to me I will believe. Imperfect men are the only testament to both of these ideas and that is not good enough for me. When people will say "You have to have faith" it bothers me because what am I having faith in? My faith would be faith in men not god. Having faith in a person whom I've never met or have no real proof of is not I wise decision to me.

The bible says the writers were inspired by god. But the writers wrote that. Of course that is what they'll say to drive home the point and so you won't question. I don't put anything past anyone no matter how long ago they lived.

I believe what they wrote was their best explanation of what they have seen and heard. Plenty of people have said plenty of things to explain why. At one time people believed the earth was on a turtles back! Why is this not true? What if it was in the Bible? Oh, is that silly? Am I comparing apples and oranges? Is that any different from believing a man parted a sea or a man gathered up EVERY animal and restarted the Earth? What about the Polar Bears and Penguins? That sounds silly to me. Think about the stories in the bible and you'll see.

So, no I don't believe there are invisible men who float around and worry who we worship. Call me crazy I guess.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I just wondered about all the stories I have read, and seen hour shows, and movies, that were based on true stories. So many all over the the place, are they all making it up? Priests, and the family members involved in spirit hauntings of houses? Im not sure myself about that anymore either, but I tend to believe it happens.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

ButtLight:

I have always wondered since I was a kid, why, say catholic priests, can do this, if they arent directed by gods holy spirit.

They can't. The reason it appears they can is because the whole process is imaginary. They are calling on one imaginary being to oust another imaginary being. As those who believe in these imaginary beings believe one is more powerful than the other, their fears are calmed by the incantations of their shaman.

And of course we were tought they were false religions, and that its satans work to mislead us.

Jesus claimed that wasn't possible. (Matthew 12:24-29). [It's all made up of course, but if you're going to play the game, you need to be aware of the rules.]

Do you believe that they can actually cast demons out of someone, or that a person can even become demonized? Or they can bless a house, and cast out evil spirits? I know some dont believe in any of that anymore, but I also know some do. We have all heard of stories that are "supposedly" true.

It's merely ancient superstition. It has no place in the modern world.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I don't believe in demons, demonism, wicked spirits, angels or exorcisms.

I do believe in mental illness, which you'll find is the basis for most of your "based on true events" movies or shows. Some stories, Like the Amityville one, seems to have been completely fabricated.

S4

• JH
    JH

Boo !!!!!!!!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

LOL...I last read Blackswan's post, then clicked in here and forgot what Butt wrote...LMAO!

So I will say that Blackswan cast a demon in me!

Lol! Wow, I'm pretty powerful. Hmmmmmm what else could I do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit