Severance Pay ($10,000 for each year)for Those Laid Off From Bethel?

by frankiespeakin 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The Bethelites sign a vow of poverty for tax purposes.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I personally know a man who left Bethel after 42 years of service. He left as a JW in good standing. He received nothing when he left. He worked doing manual labor until he died at age 70.

GGG

• VM44
    VM44

I read that some Bethelites take on outside work, and it is called "G-jobbing". I don't know why it is called that, and I really don't know how any of them can find the extra hours in their schedule to work at an extra job. --VM44

• blondie
    blondie

G-jobbing has been restricted or forbidden for several years; not that someone would go around that.

The only time I ever heard of someone getting a sum of money was Ray Franz and that was not from him. Other people such as Ed Dunlap received nothing and had to go to work full-time hanging wallpaper in his 70's. He worked with his JW brother who was DF'd for giving him a job. The WTS has downsized before and no one received any money. The WTS operates as a NON-PROFIT corporation and can only be held to the laws governing such entities not the laws re corporations trying to make a profit.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit