How many of you are still "active Witnesses"?

by exwitless 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Family considerations coupled with the threat of shunning if they da or are df'd, keep many going when they'd really rather be elsewhere. I am lucky in that regard, as I have no family in the lie.

You could say that I am a very active anti - witness.

• JH
    JH

Inactive since so long, but still a brother

• 30girl
    30girl

Inactive, haven't been to a Hall in over a year, didn't go to the Memorial last year, not going back, in the process of DA myself.

• Legolas
    Legolas

My husband, daughter and myself disassocaited ourselves last June...and our son 2-3 years before that!

• greendawn
    greendawn

My days have long since passed since I became inactive in 1980, inactive according to the JW not the Biblical definition. Disassociated in 1987.

Biblically the church (when do the dubs use this word?) had many functions of which preaching was only one and I am sure those with this gift did so, as and when they felt motivated to do so and not for prefixed time periods determined by a distant FDS that they never met with and who would check on the time they spent preaching, through his local whip boys.

• rassillon
    rassillon

Me is still "active" Me still have wife in org. Me no go in fs for this many 3 (months) Me still turn in time. Me sick of org but me love wife. Me go now. -Mongo just pawn in game of life.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I'm NOT active.

Tried to fade, but they wanted to DF me for apostacy, but I told them in so many words..."I quit!", and DA'd myself.

More importantly, i'm glad I did. It was a clean but diffiCULT break but has made it easier to get on with life. I know many of you all are still active, and for good reasons (that's what I wanted too), but now that I look back, i'm glad i'm done with them......GYMBOB.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

If you mean active as defined by the borg, I guess I am still active. I don't think of myself as active. I left mentally, I left emotionally and soon hope to leave phisically.

I know how appalled some on this board are and wonder how those of us that are still going can do it. I can tell you it takes a lot of intestinal fortitude to listen to the drivel.

But everyone has to choose for themselves when they will exit and how they will do it.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

my family still considers me active, although "weak". the elders, who knows what they consider me? they don't give me anything but suspicious looks and the occasional mean mug. but, since I'm a girl, that's probably how they would act even if I was a true believer.

when the time is right with my family, I will leave. I figure, no need to jump into anything. I've jumped into everything without thinking it through and acted without a plan, it's time I learned how to protect myself and do something the smart way.

Every decision you make has a price when you have family still in. I'm only responsible for myself, no kids, no husband, so it's only me affected by what I'm doing, but it's a tough situation and it's made me stronger so far. 2 years fading now. At first it was so intolerable, the anger was almost uncontrollable. I'm much more philosophical about it now, and much better able to deal with the situation. But it has by no means been an easy ride.

And I'm not sure it's going to pay off in the end. There are no guarantees I'm making the right choice, but I'm doing the best I can right now.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Wannaexit echoes my sentiments. Lots of 'intestinal fortitude' - aint that the truth! One modification, though: They may not be close but I still have some feelings for the people in the congo. Once my responsibilities towards my elderly relatives are finished with, I hope to be in a position where my options are open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit