How many of you are still "active Witnesses"?

by exwitless 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exwitless
    exwitless

I'm curious about some of you who post here and say that you attend JW meetings regularly. What motivates you to post here, and does anyone in your congregation have any clue you're doing that?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I personally think that the best thing for them is to be honest with themselves and get DA/DF or walk away.

However.....(don't ya love that dubism!!!)...........we are all individuals who are at different points in our life's journey. For some, posting on JWD may be just the first step in see the truth about "the Troof"; for others, they may already have made several steps along the road.

Then again, there are family considerations. despite what the WTS proclaims (boasts?), it does break up families as can be attested to by hundreds (thousands?) who've posted on JWD.

So, all in all, we recognise that about our fellow travellers and, instead of judging, we offer them a seat on the train!

• under_believer
    under_believer

I am inactive (because activity and inactivity relate to whether you are going door to door or not.) However I attend most of the meetings. I am trying to help my wife to see clearly and this requires taking a non confrontational approach.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am an active witness

• Sassy
    Sassy

I don't know how you do it Stilla.... but.. I gotta respect your reasons..

• blondie
    blondie

Are you active if you go to all the meetings but don't turn in a time slip (but you have talked about God to others)?

Are you active if you don't go to any meetings but talk about God to others but don't turn in a time slip?

Are you active if you go to all the meetings but never talk about God to others?

Were there any "active" Christians in the Bible? Did they turn a time slip in?

Blondie (wondering what scriptures from the NT show that Christians did these things)

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Confession Time!

I am still considered "active" when it comes to the WTS interpetation.

Blondie said : Are you active if you go to all the meetings but don't turn in a time slip (but you have talked about God to others)?

Are you active if you don't go to any meetings but talk about God to others but don't turn in a time slip?

Are you active if you go to all the meetings but never talk about God to others?

Were there any "active" Christians in the Bible? Did they turn a time slip in?

Blondie (wondering what scriptures from the NT show that Christians did these things)

I used similar reasoning when talking about this during elders/CO/MS meetings. Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• sspo
    sspo

Still active for personal reasons, when the time is right will walk away

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

The last time I was to a meeting was spring of 2002 when I moved to a new city.

For 6 years before that my attendance was sporadic at best and as for FS I stopped being "active" in that about 94/95

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

While I am no longer active, at the time I first signed on to this board I was on my way out, but technically active.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit