Comments You Will Not Hear at the 9-17-06 WT Study (BE HAPPY)

by blondie 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok, I'll say it...

The beatings will continue until moral improves.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Some rules around disfellowshipping and reinstatement:

http://www.reexamine.org/index.php?title=Notice_of_Disfellowshipping_or_Disassociation

From the elder's manual, "Pay Attention to Yourselves and All the Flock". Scroll down to Reinstatement.

http://www.dbhome.dk/carlo/unit5c2.htm

From that page,

Reinstatement

While there should be no hasty action in reinstating disfellowshipped individuals, consideration should be given to a plea for reinstatement when this is requested.

If someone asks about reinstatement or if by changing his course gives evidence of repentance and a desire to be reinstated, the authorized elders may speak with the individual and kindly explain what he needs to do in order to he reinstated.

There is an advantage to having the elders who served on the judicial committee that disfellowshipped the individual also serve on the committee for the reinstatement if this is possible and they are still serving as elders in the congregation handling the request for reinstatement.

In hearing pleas for reinstatement, elders need to be balanced.

Genuine repentance and a turning away from the wrong course--not the attitude of others or merely the time elapsed--are the chief determining factors in deciding

when a person may be reinstated. (1 Cor. 5:1, 11-13; 2 Cor. 2:6, 7)

Elders should be sure that sufficient time has passed for the disfellowshipped person to prove that his profession of repentance is genuine. ( it-2 p. 771 )

Consider the overall pattern of his life. Does it now show that he is repentant? (w77 3/1 p. 152)

Note the glaring absence of scriptures. How long did it take Jesus to reinstate Peter? John 21:15-19

• sf
    sf
    FEAR JEHOVAH--BE HAPPY!

The title is so ridiculously funny, there's no way I need to read the article to know what mindscrewers WT are. Yet, I suppose I shall bring myself to stop laughing and do so. It really is the best way to stay up to date on the spiritual poison being dished out by WT in order that we may have ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE. LOL!!

Thanks blondie!

sKally

• Arthur
    Arthur

Blondie:

As usual, an excellent thread. Thank you.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks blondie for another excellent review.

When I read crap like this from the wts, it really makes me wonder how I managed to endure those meetings for so long.

• anewme
    anewme

Yes thankyou Blondie. When I revisit this stuff I get an overwhelming fatigue fall over me and an instant depression. But it is important like others stated to remember what we escaped from and what our JW relatives are still enduring. Thankyou for helping us to learn to read this cult talk and analyze it carefully. Very treacherous, mind-bending stuff. Anewme

• Flash
    Flash

Don't Worry, Be Happy! Here is a little song I wrote
    You might want to sing it note for note
    Don't worry be happy
    In every life we have some trouble
    When you worry you make it double
    Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
    Somebody came and took your bed
    Don't worry, be happy
    The land lord say your rent is late
    He may have to litigate
    Don't worry, be happy
    Look at me I am happy
    Don't worry, be happy
    Here I give you my phone number
    When you worry call me
    I make you happy
    Don't worry, be happy
    Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
    Ain't got not girl to make you smile
    But don't worry be happy
    Cause when you worry
    Your face will frown
    And that will bring everybody down
    So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
    I hope you learn it note for note
    Like good little children
    Don't worry, be happy
    Listen to what I say
    In your life expect some trouble
    But when you worry
    You make it double
    Don't worry, be happy......
    Don't worry don't do it, be happy
    Put a smile on your face
    Don't bring everybody down like this
    Don't worry, it will soon past
    Whatever it is
    Don't worry, be happy
    ...Or ELSE!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I don't know if this is the effect they are trying to have...but it seems like they want the r&f to follow the OT and leave the uplifting NT and relationship with Jesus to the 144k. My references to Christ seem to encourage people.

Thanks for your critical analysis, Blondie.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yeoman-like work, as usual. They are impuned by their own words.

• Flash
    Flash
    WHAT KEPT US ON THE RIGHT PATH WAS NOT A COLLECTION OF RIGID RULES
    1. No beards
    2. No sideburns
    3. Rules on women wearing makeup
    4. Rules on women wearing pants
    5. Rules on who can read the WT paragraphs at the meeting but not scriptures
    6. Rules on who can give prayers
    7. Rules on who can have certain WT publications but unrestricted access to the Bible
    8. Rules on who can have a book study in their home
    9. Add your own rule

To be one of his Witnesses ? Where's Christ?

The Scribes and Pharisees have returned.

When the GB does referance the NT it is usualy the burdonsome teachings of PAUL they are stressing, NOT the loving freeness Christ taught and gave to us to enjoy life as thinking individuals...which is completely possible within God's (not the WTS) law!

If we 'love our neighbor as ourself ' we let others be themselves, we don't try to enslave them through manipulation, demanding they become clones of ourselves!

Thanks Blondie!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit