Mystery Flowers

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 25 Replies latest jw friends

• material BOY
    material BOY

THOSE FLOWERS ARE BEUTIFUL! AN ADMIRER OBVIOUSLY,

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I LOVE TULIPS....My favorite flower!

You lucky girl! I'm sure you'll find out eventually....

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It couldn't have been me, I only give dead flowers, and those only to people who've spurned me (my dead flower bill at FTDb.com is outrageous).

heheh, I was joking, but that could be a real moneymaking business: FTD/b.com (F***TheDamn/Bit**.com) dead flowers and hate cards.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That's so sweet! More than once would creep me out.

To answer--no. I've never recieved anything anonymous.

Tulips are my favorite as well!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Pay it forward --- Give someone else some flowers --- really it will feel good.

• Scully
    Scully

About 6 years ago, I got a knock on my door just before Christmas. A complete stranger asked me if she was at (my name)'s apartment. When I confirmed that it was me, she said "Wait here a minute" and disappeared down the hallway. She came back shortly afterward with a HUGE basket of Christmas goodies - including a turkey and all the fixings for a lovely Christmas dinner. I asked her where they came from and she said that it was from Santa Claus.

I thanked this stranger profusely, and went back inside and had a good cry. I'd been down on my luck for a couple of months and wasn't sure that I'd be able to do a nice Christmas dinner for my family. A few days later, a mysterious anonymous envelope arrived in the mail with a money order for $100 in it. I sat down and had another good cry. I was just so humbled by the generosity and the fact that someone had thought of me.

I am sure that it was from my workmates, but they have always denied that it was them. Now that my life is more comfortable, I never pass up an opportunity to contribute when any of my colleagues falls on hard times and we do something to help them out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit