Mystery Flowers

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I got flowers delivered to me at work on Valentine's Day. As I wasn't dating anyone at the time, I haven't a clue who sent them, but they were beautiful.

Warlock said: I got a ticking box once. Never opened it.

Better check with Mouthy.....see if she's got an alibi for that day.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I've received roses, poetry and something else all over my front door that was white and sticky and look suspiciously like a certain type of body fluid.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Ew misanthropic. All at the same time?! The flowers are poetry are nice...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Mis, here I was feeling sorry for myself, never having rec. an anonymous gift and you just made me feel SO much better about it. Kind of wondering how exposed your front door is to the world. . .ewww.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

LOL, no. My front door is not very exposed and no it was not all at the same time. The flowers came first then more flowers, then poetry then the latter.

• juni
    juni

Prolly a disgruntled JW because you weren't home.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I'm probably being too cynical, but I tend to be suspicious of anonymous gifts. A friend of mine used to receive anonymous birthday cards with the same initials signed on them. This went on for at least 15 years. After the first few cards, the pleasure wore off and she starting feeling creepy about them. They suddenly stopped about 10 years ago. She never knew who was behind it or why.

Enjoy the flowers, GGBG (if I haven't already spoiled them for you!), but keep alert. Lots of weirdos out there.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

It wasn't me...

But... in the past - I've done things anonymously... I prefer to be anonymous - as it tends to make the receiver 'think'.

I have given things like food - and other items (cash) - but usually do not let anyone know. It's just the way that I do things.

Of course... I was the fella that gals thought was 'creepy'... so I usually didn't have the courage to hand many gals flowers and such up-front. (Plus - I was always afraid they'd whomp me a good-un.)

I say - enjoy the tulips - and the memory. Some folks don't want it known that they give things - no malice intended.

Regards,

Jim TX

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

" The flowers came first"

Ah! There's your answer misanthropic!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    It wasn't me...

But... in the past - I've done things anonymously... I prefer to be anonymous - as it tends to make the receiver 'think'.

I have given things like food - and other items (cash) - but usually do not let anyone know. It's just the way that I do things.

Of course... I was the fella that gals thought was 'creepy'... so I usually didn't have the courage to hand many gals flowers and such up-front. (Plus - I was always afraid they'd whomp me a good-un.)

I say - enjoy the tulips - and the memory. Some folks don't want it known that they give things - no malice intended.

Regards,

Jim TX

Thanks, Jim, that's sweet, and I will enjoy the memory. But here's the deal: I have enjoyed it for quite some time. I think whoever gave them to me is a total doll. So he/she accomplished what they wanted to accomplish, or so I'm guessing. So why not now fess up? I would adore that person! But they keep their secret and so I never know where to place my affections. So I misplace them on other possibly not-deserving subjects.

LOL. Oh well, I guess it's a sign of a truly GOOD person if you are able to give without the receiver of your gift even knowing you you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit