Mystery Flowers

by Good Girl or Bad Girl? 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I received a beautiful bouquet of tulips back in February after my breakdown that ended up being the gateway to my WTS escape. The tulips were left outside my apartment door. I tried, in vain, to find out who gave them to me.

I have a picture of them on my phone because they were stunning. (It's cell phone quality of course, which isn't great.)

But it still intrigues me and I really wish I knew who gave them to me so I can properly thank that person, and realize how thoughtful and loving they are...

Anyway, I was just thinking, have you received a gift from an anonymous source, never learning from where it came? If so, what was it? Share your story here.

And if you gave me those flowers, fess up!!!

• juni
    juni

Not I GoodGirl! But they are beautiful!

Yes. This happened to me once. It was cookies. Never did know. I don't know why people do this.

Juni

I see atleast 2 other types of flowers there - carnations? I was a floral designer. My guess is that someone bought them and put them in the vase for you. It isn't a "designed" arrangement.

• earthtone
    earthtone

I got flowers sent to my job once. I thought it was my husband, it wasnt . lol

The guy who sent them, was someone I was seeing (not really dating) when me and my husband (boyfriend at the time) were breaking up. He sent them months after we stopped seeing each other and after I reconciled with my hubbie. Just a I hope you are doing well gift. Nice guy.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Lovely flowers for a lovely lady...

I haven't ever receieved an anonymous gift. But I have some friends who have and we always share the excitement of it all!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Juni, they weren't even in a vase, they were tied with a ribbon propped up against the door. Such a nice gesture, but don't you think someone would want to take credit so I know WHO was thinking of me????

Yeah, I didn't remember about the carnations until I made the pic bigger to put on here. I still don't remember there being carnations, but I can see one on the right there... so anyway.

Earthtone, you knew who they were from though, yeah? This just gets to me! I think about it and wonder, 'why won't someone just fess up?' I ask people constantly. People who I think would have done it at that time, not people I just met, LOL. But people say the same thing, "I wish I could say it was me, but it wasn't."

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Lovely flowers for a lovely lady...

I haven't ever receieved an anonymous gift. But I have some friends who have and we always share the excitement of it all!

Thanks, pet. It is exciting, but at the same time, I think it would be nice to know eventually!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings GG/GB,

Judging from those eyes in your avatar you deserve them. But it wasn't me.

Dismembered

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thanks, Dismembered. That is so nice.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I got a ticking box once. Never opened it.

Warlock

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Good, Warlock, I'm so glad! If I have learned one thing in life, it's never to open anonymous ticking packages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit