Anti-Witnessed at an Office Today! It was fun!

by Seeker4 18 Replies latest jw friends

• earthtone
    earthtone

I hope they write an article. Tell them I'm free for an interview. lol

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

And I have learned that no one has all the answers to everything. And no book has all the answers to everything - not even the Bible.

Wow, I so respect that. I often struggle with ex-JWs who have remained Christian, but then I remember, I did the same thing, though not for very long. Life is quite a journey, and we all take it in our own way.

Thanks for being, and staying, on this site.

S4

• hubert
    hubert

Nice anti-witnessing, Seeker. I enjoy reading these kind of posts.

Make me feel we are gaining the upper hand. Thanks for sharing.

Hubert

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I kind of thought the birth-day of that Jesus guy was described in the bible as well.

"Oh that was his day of birth not the annual celebration" say the Dubz.

If birthdays are so bad, then why does the Org analyze the weather conditions to tell us Christianity is WRONG to celebrate X-Mas on 12/25? This was always part of every anti-Bday lecture I got, "well they are wrong about the date because the sheep would have frozen". OK but what does that have to do with birthdays being bad news?

Job's sons are mentioned in Job (duh) as having a great time on "their day". "Oh that means something else of course" say the quick ones or just a blank stare from the slow Dubs as they hunt for the answer that they have been programmed with. There isn't one because the WT has once again chosen to "overlook" evidence to prove its point.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Seeker4,

Great post! Yes I like excoriating those dubasses too. Especially with my neighbors who I ignored for 25 years. Feels good tearing them (dubs) a new asshole. When I'm done up here in my housing development, dubs will have to wear a spiritual discussion flackjacket when they go to the doors here. Cheers S4

Dismembered

• girasole
    girasole

I love it - seeker4! That would be cool if the reporters followed up on that.

Anti-witnessing is so much better because it's OUR OWN. I now realize that going door-to-door was so difficult for me because it was not my own. At the time I just felt inadequate. It took a great amount of time and energy for me to prepare and I was terrified of someone asking me a question that I would not know the prescribed answer to.

It's liberating! I can actually answer people's questions about what I believe because it's just that - really what I believe! - Not something that I was forced to commit to memory for fear of defaming Jehovah at someone's door because I didn't know how to answer a rebuttal.

girasole

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"I can actually answer people's questions about what I believe because it's just that - really what I believe! - Not something that I was forced to commit to memory for fear of defaming Jehovah at someone's door because I didn't know how to answer a rebuttal."

Exactly. It's also nice NOT to have an answer for everything, to admit you don't know it all.

S4

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Oh, Seeker, that analysis of the birthday doctrine is priceless! I shall use it at every opportunity!

Jankyn

• caligirl
    caligirl

Sounds like fun - and I like to hear that some teenagers are doing their own thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit