Stockpiling?

by girasole 10 Replies latest jw friends

• girasole
    girasole

My mother said that the society sent a letter out to all congregations recently saying that they should keep a few days of food and supplies stored up in the case of a disaster. Anyone else heard this? Apparently it has stirred a lot of discussion about the fast approaching end of the system.

• morty
    morty

NOpe, sorry, never heard a thing about it but......

saying that they should keep a few days of food and supplies stored up in the case of a disaster

I thought no one would ever had to stock pile anything? It would be all ready and waiting over at the Pair-of- dice?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There were threads about this a few months ago. I think the elders were supposed to be asking for everyone's cell phone numbers as well. I can't remember the exact thread, but I think it had something to do with the event of natural disasters, like hurricanes.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Yeaaaaah, right.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

They bitched about the Mormons doing this as I recall. Around here they would ask the Mormons if they had any faith in God's ability to provide for them, if not, then why stockpile goods for the end of the world?

I'm sure this has to do with natural disasters. It's only practical to make sure you have some sort of water and batteries around in case of disasters.

W.Once

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

There have been some other threads talking about letters from the Society to the congregations talking about something like this. I don't remember off hand if it was a reference to any sort of Armageddon thing. I think it was just a matter of disaster preparedness. I think, don't quote me tho.

In all, it's not bad advice. One of those things ya should do anyway.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

It's just soooooo hard for me to imagine that someone might need to be taught common sense but it really is a specialty of the Dubs.

God but they are so lowest common denominator!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

From what I recall, the reason for getting phone numbers and encouraging ones to have food and supplies stored up is because of what happened with hurricane Katrina. However, everyone has jumped on the banned wagon to say it is because the end is nearer than ever. It is once again another example of how they will twist the truth and believe what ever it is that makes them "feel" good. Regardless of what the truth or reality really is.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

On the other hand they DO tell us not to trust anything in the world.....

I guess when that guy on TV says buy some canned food and water I'm supposed to wait a year or two for the GB to verify that it's OK?

Remember, Katrina hit over a year ago, Ivan two years ago and Andrew more than ten. I guess better late than never?

• skyking
    skyking

Yes it is true they did the congregations was asked to have on hand extra food and water for disasters. Plus to remember Toilet paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit