Watchtower researchers: Want to see something really cool?

by under_believer 11 Replies latest jw friends

• under_believer
    under_believer

Danny probably already knows about this... check it out, Google just launched a new service called Google News Archive Search. Hint: Try typing in "Jehovah's Witnesses" in quotes just like that and then clicking the "Show Timeline" button. I'm sure you can think of many other Watchtower-related terms to look for. This thing has news stories (for free or for purchase) going back TWO HUNDRED YEARS. Highly recommended.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It looks interesting, thanks for sharing

• KW13
    KW13

THANK YOU!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Google is my ONE TRUE GOD!!! hahahahaaha Thanks, Under-Believer!!

• freetosee
    freetosee

THX

• badboy
    badboy

ITS GOOD TO HAVE A RELIABLE SOURCE OF NEWS!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Wow, thanks for the hint....it'll be a boon for my own research as well...

• greendawn
    greendawn

Google are always bringing out new interesting things, I tried Joseph Rutherford and got some interesting things: the churches are trying to destroy his sect he claimed. A man with a persecution complex.

• under_believer
    under_believer

The one issue with that search is that it primarily points to archives that are subscription-based--i.e. you can search on full text, and see a prospectus (or an imperfect text recognition scan) but if you really want to see the original you have to pay. Nevertheless for the serious WT researcher, a few bucks here and there is no big issue--and the ability to even find that stuff at all, from one unified search interface, is a huge deal.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I get to access most of "NewspaperArchive" by being a member of ancestry.com, but it does not have everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit