Recieved copy of Michigan Apostate Letter today

by lovelylil 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi all,

Today I received the letter sent to all the elders in Michigan that our friend outaservice was referring to a few days ago. I was planning on scanning it and putting it up on the JWD. But the print if very, very tiny and my hubby (who knows how to scan) said it will be very hard to see. It also looks like I have copies of many copies.

Anyway, this is a long 20 page document. I was thinking it would just be best to retype it as a word.doc on my computer a few pages at a time, so we can adjust the size of print and then post it here in a friends thread. I could break it down into a few parts and post it over the next few days. I don't mind doing the work to get it up for all to read.

Do you guys think that is a good idea? It will be easier to see that is for sure. Of course no names will be printed for confidentiality reasons. Please advise, Lilly

• vitty
    vitty

If you think it is worth the effort then do it................ if not forget it.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Wow, a lot of work retyping a 20 pg document (small print at that!).

How about giving us a brief synopsis while we're all here *salivating* for it?

I didn't even know of the existence of this letter- what's it about?

-K

• material BOY
    material BOY

darling lil,

why dont you scan it and see what its like? if its too small you my be able to paste the text and resize the format . this may work chick sticks.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

What's the letter about?

• AlanF
    AlanF

You can go to Kinko's or some such outfit and get the document scanned onto CD for not much money. They can help you to scan it the right size. That's probably the easiest and quickest method.

AlanF

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Retyping it does seem an awful lot of work. Alan's idea sounds good.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

MB,

I think I will try scanning it first. I am not computer literate but my hubby is. It is his scanner. I called him at work and he told me to wait until he gets home tonight. He will scan and see how it comes out. Either way all or some of it should be up tomarrow. It is very long.

This letter created quite a stir about 20 years ago. It was send to all the elders in a certain area in Michigan and created a bit Apostate incident. I guess some elders left the org. because of it. j

We were asking outaservice about it as he was an elder at the time and got a letter. He said he will mail it to whomever wanted it and I promised to post here for others.

Looking at it - there is not so much new information for us today. Just a letter exposing the WT lies about many issues. It covers issues like blood, the organization, sheep and the goats - when they are seperated, also has information on the elder arrangement, whether or not the Witnesses are preaching the good news, the prevelance of mental illness amongst JWs and much more. It is interesting as it is more than 20 years old. Lilly

• Emma
    Emma

Thanks for your efforts; I look forward to reading it.

Emma

• unique1
    unique1

Yes, I haven't heard anything about this so I will be anxious to see it. Most scanners come with an software that transforms it into text. If it isn't clear this OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software will at least make it easier for you to copy and paste what it reads into word and just clean it up a bit. Good Luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit