Recieved copy of Michigan Apostate Letter today

by lovelylil 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I think I remember this. It was re-printed and circulated under the title "A Letter from a Presiding Overseer to all Jehovah's Witnesses in Good Standing" or something like that. If it's the same thing it dates from about 1975 or 1976. I've looked and I don't see the text online anywhere so it'd be great to see a copy available on the net!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

just sent a pm

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes Lovelylil there is no sense in typing it since you can use a scanner to enter it into your computer. That's how people put up numerous WTS books and magazines on their websites. Scanners take away all the donkey work.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

It doesn't matter how tiny the type is, if you scan it, the scanner can enlarge it. Also, you can run it with an OCR program that will tranfer the File into a text file that can be read by a Word Processor. Send the Letter to someone who knows about this and let him/her do it.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

20 pages? Sounds very interesting,

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yes! Character recognition is the way to go, per Unique's suggestion, but as already stated, you will have to clean it up a bit with keyboard text here and there. Character recognition is only PARTIALLY godly. Does anyone know if Kinko's or similar has character recognition scanning/disk services?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I'm very interested in the letter as I have JW friends in Brighton, Michigan. The husband is a true blue JW, but his wife could care less.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd be interested in reading it too.. if you post it in a new thread will you be sure to link the new thread here please?

• VM44
    VM44

lovelylil,

Here is an easy way to scan the 20 pages and also save the result as a PDF file.

Get the Freeware program Scan2PDF here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/scan2pdf.html

You will neet WinZip to unzip the downloaded file, but you do not need to install it, just unzip the zipped file contents into a folder, you will see in the folder a Scan2PDF program icon, click on it to get started.

This program makes it super easy to scan multiple pages and save them as a single file. Just put the first page on the scanner, and then click on the scan button in the Scan2PDF menu, when that is done you will see a small image of the scanned page in the Scan2PDF window, then just put the next page on the scanner, click the Scan2PDF scan button and wait for the second scan to finish. Just repeat this for all 20 pages.

When you are finished scanning all the pages, click the "Save" button on the Scan2PDF menu.

And Voila! You will have all 20 pages scanned and saved as a single PDF file.

This will save you all the work of typing the 20 pages! (Don't do that!!)

--VM44

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Dear Lil, michigan, wow.. Do you know who wrote it? Sounds like interesting read.. I wonder what area? I wonder if I've heard of the individual who wrote it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit