What musicians did JWs ban?

by love2Bworldly 23 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Just edited my post to correct the error in band names. Thanks, RoD!

Listening to that idiot DO's critiquing of that video emphasized to me more than anything that these guys simply do not get it! They certainly seem to lose their sense of humor at some point in there lives. And yet these are the ones we are supposed to look to for spiritual guidance in raisin our families. No wonder the kids are sprinting out the doors...

• CordyC
    CordyC

During one public talk, the B-52s were mentioned as being bad because their name is taken from a military airplane- of course if Brother Know-It-All had done his research, he would have seen that the band took their name from a hairdo! Idiot.

CC

• free2beme
    free2beme

Prince

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Heavy metal and hip hop (rap) and rock get their own category in the WT index......

I feel bad for hip hop. Because of the garbage ganster rap out there, plus all the mainstream crap that I won't touch with a 10-foot pole, good lyricists and the fundamental elements of hip hop get a bum rap too. I'm talking about turntablism, tagging, and rhyming (breaking doesn't draw much ire, but I doubt the average dub would take part in it). I appreciate good muralists like Daim (one of his pieces is my desktop) and good turntablists like DJ Q-Bert and the X-Ecutioners. I can't talk about it with other dubs, though. Real, talented players in the underground and out of the mainstream automatically equal Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent in the average dub's mind. I really can't stand it. They're mentally incapable of figuring out that there's stupid hip hop, and there's stuff worth paying for. They don't get it and they never will, no matter how harmless the content is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit